Students Trained & Placed
Sq.Ft.of training area
Worldwide Alumni Network
Kitchen Training Facility
₹ 60 Lakhs
UP to Scholarships
International & National Internships only at 5-star Properties
One to One Corporate Mentorship
An Entrepreneurial Culture at the Campus
Dignified with Rankings
Amongst India's most promising Hotel Management Institute by Higher Education Review 2022
Ranked Top Hotel Management Institute awarded by Times Education Icon 2022
Quality Education, Outstanding Administration & Leading Infrastructure by Educational Excellence Awards & Conference 2021
Outstanding Performance in Virtual Knowledge Delivery During Pandemic by Educational Excellence Awards & Conference 2021
MBA CET, also known as MBA MBA/MMS CET, is a state-level management entrance test held in the state of Maharashtra by the State Common Entrance Test Cell. The test is conducted for admission to full-time postgraduate courses such as MBA (Masters in Business Administration) and MMS (Masters in Management Studies) at the most prominent business schools in the nation as well as globally.
There are usually a total of 200 objective-type questions, and each one contains five alternatives. According to the marks distribution, answering each question right gives one mark to the candidate, whereas there is no negative marking. The language of the examination is English.
The MBA CET Syllabus is comparable to MBA exams like the CAT, SNAP, and XAT, featuring questions from four sections: abstract reasoning, logical reasoning, quantitative aptitude, and verbal ability.
Criteria for Eligibility
Candidates are required to carefully assess the qualifying conditions before filling out the MBA CET application form. Registration is only allowed to students who are qualified with the eligibility criteria of the Maharashtra CET.
- To initiate the admission process, the documentation process needs to be in the right order.
- During the registration procedure, candidates must upload their pictures along with their signatures. The photo should be between 200kb and 50kb in size. The signature should be between 10 and 20 kilobytes in size.
Certain qualifications are also required to opt for the MBA CET course. We have listed them as follows -
- Candidates must be graduates of universities recognized by the University Grants Commission (UGC) and the Association of Indian Universities in any field (AIU)
- Students must meet the marks required to qualify for the test.
- Students are also required to secure at least 50% to qualify for the test.
- Candidates who have also taken the test in the last year of study are also eligible for the same.
The MBA CET test is administered in an online format for 150 minutes. Here’s what the Maharashtra CET includes -
- Multiple-choice questions
- The language of the question paper in English
- The exam has a total of 200 points.
- Students are given one mark for answering each question right.
- There is no penalty for incorrect responses.
- The computer-based online exam booklet has a total of 200 questions.
To guarantee a successful registration and fee payment, candidates must complete the MBA CET application procedure completely.
- It is important for the students to visit the MBA CET official website and click on the link for the current year’s link for registration and to know more about the procedure.
- Read the instructions carefully.
- To submit the form, enter your email address, name, phone number, and captcha code, then click 'Save & Next.'
- You will be given an MBA CET ID and a password, which should be saved for future use.
The application form
The next step is to complete the MBA CET 2022 Application Form. These are the steps to follow -
- Name, date of birth, address, marital status, gender, religion, and residence proof are all personal details required in the application form.
- Marks and grades in 12th, 10th, and graduation, as well as the year of passing and college, are included in the academic profile.
- More details about one’s caste certificate, disability category, and type should also be specified in the application form.
- To complete the application form, students should use Internet Explorer (version 11 and above), Mozilla Firefox (version 50 to 61), or Google Chrome (version 50 to 69). Any other browser or smartphone may cause problems with the application form filling procedure.
- An application ID will be created once applicants have registered for MBA CET for the current year. It is important to save and secure this application ID for future reference.
- Students won’t be allowed to opt for an MBA CET more than once a year.
- Students' personal information, such as email addresses and phone numbers, must be valid and operational at all times. These details will be required for the authorities to communicate with the students at all times.
- E-receipt of Application fees must also be secured by the candidates for future use.
MBA CET Syllabus
- Logical reasoning - Statement Conclusion, Syllogism, Blood Relation, Directions, Data Sufficiency, Seating Arrangement, Coding-Decoding
- Quantitative aptitude - Ratio and Proportion, Percentage, Quantitative Reasoning, Interpretation of tables, common graphs, and charts
- Verbal ability - Grammar, Vocabulary, Sentence Completion, Synonyms, Antonyms, Comprehension of passages
- Abstract reasoning - Non-Verbal Reasoning, Venn diagrams, Odd one out, standalone questions on topics of logical and critical reasoning
Mock tests - MBA CET
There are multiple ways for a student to practice with mock tests. These mock tests are available online as well as with offline question papers. A mock test is a necessary practice for all the students who wish to secure good grades in their preparations.
In a nutshell, an MBA CET sample exam contains the questions that are most likely to be there in the actual MBA CET test. These sample tests can drastically improve the chances for a student to secure better grades. Practice tests for Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension, Quantitative Aptitude, and Logical/Abstract Reasoning mock tests can be found on multiple websites and in books.
MBA CET Results
The MBA CET results are usually displayed on the official website of MBA CET. The following are the other details about the results that the candidates can check the official website for -
- To obtain your results, you must enter your credentials in the official web portal.
- You must print a copy of your scorecard for further use, especially for the admission process.
- During the same time, a merit list will also be made available on the website.
- Candidates can take part in the counseling procedure based on their qualifications. If there is a tie between the candidates, the initial resolution will be based on the candidate's score and if the tie continues to be there, the older candidate will be able to proceed.
MBA CET Cutoffs
Institutions may not only reveal the cut-off but category by category cut-off right after the MBA CET results are revealed. The applicant who achieves the cut-off marks will be qualified to take the MBA CET 2022. As a result of passing the test, you can then proceed towards an MBA course at the institute of your choice.
The following are the many elements that will be considered while determining the cut-off marks:
- The exam's difficulty level,
- the number of qualified applicants,
- the number of candidates,
- the number of available seats in colleges,
- and the reservation procedure.
Preparations for MBA CET
The exam consists of 200 questions in total. The exam's complexity ranges from moderate to advanced level. The ordinary learner should be able to crack the exam with much practice and the right strategy to tackle it. In reality, the most important constraint is time. If the student can manage their time well, they will be able to ace their exam easily.
Preparing a plan
Start by making a daily planner, which is one of the top ten ideas for passing MBA CET. It is important to have an hourly breakdown of tasks as well as setting major milestones. This makes it all the more important, to begin with, your plan in a prompt manner. As you go through the days with your plan, it is important to keep up with your plan’s timeline as well. This allows you enough time to familiarize yourself with the entire coursework and content.
It will be best to spend the first 15 days practicing what has already been covered rather than spending time on what has yet to be covered. You must put in as much time as possible for the same. Answering 200 questions in 150 minutes is difficult since each question takes less than a minute to complete. Hence, practicing is one of the most crucial aspects of an MBA CET exam.
The student needs to opt for as many mock tests as possible. Candidates will get a sense of what the exam day would be like by taking the MBA CET sample test. Candidates would benefit from taking the MBA CET 2022 mock test while maintaining a timer since they will be able to measure their performance and improve their timings during the days before the exam.
According to the previous toppers too, solving mock tests has been a crucial aspect of passing the test with flying colors. Candidates can learn about the types of questions that will be asked in the test by looking through MBA CET 2022 sample papers or question papers. This creates more possibility that the student will be asked the same questions on the day of the exams.