Students Trained & Placed
Sq.Ft.of training area
Worldwide Alumni Network
Kitchen Training Facility
UP to Scholarships
International & National Internships only at 5-star Properties
One to One Corporate Mentorship
An Entrepreneurial Culture at the Campus
Dignified with Rankings
Amongst India's most promising Hotel Management Institute by Higher Education Review 2022
Ranked Top Hotel Management Institute awarded by Times Education Icon 2022
Quality Education, Outstanding Administration & Leading Infrastructure by Educational Excellence Awards & Conference 2021
Outstanding Performance in Virtual Knowledge Delivery During Pandemic by Educational Excellence Awards & Conference 2021
What is BSc MLT?
The BSc MLT, or Bachelor of Science in Medical Laboratory Technology, is an undergraduate degree program that aims at the theoretical and practical aspects of laboratory medicine. It teaches students how to work as medical laboratory technologists. Students in this program are trained to perform laboratory tests and analyses on blood, tissue, and other bodily fluids to help diagnose and treat diseases. The BSc MLT graduates can find job opportunities in hospitals, clinics, research labs, and public health agencies.
What are BSc MLT courses?
- BSc MLT courses are the subjects required for students pursuing a Bachelor of Science in Medical Laboratory Technology.
- The courses in the BSc MLT curriculum cover a wide range of topics related to laboratory medicine, including, Biochemistry, Laboratory Management and Quality Control, Clinical Chemistry, Anatomy and Physiology etc.
- These courses aim to provide students with a strong foundation in the theoretical and practical aspects of laboratory medicine, including the latest technological advances and developments in the field.
Benefits of choosing a BSc MLT?
For students who have an interest in the medical field, the BSc MLT is one of the ideal courses. Here are some other reasons why a student may opt for a lab technician course:
- Working in medical science is one of the most reputed and sought-after jobs, and candidates with an interest in the field should take up this course.
- This course is a mixture of science, technology, and healthcare, and thus provides students with diverse knowledge on various subjects.
- Lab technicians have a very important role in healthcare, and thus there is a demand for the post and better employment growth.
- The BSc Lab Technician course teaches students the important skills required to run labs and other health care centers.
- The course also allows students to go on to higher studies in the specified subjects.
BSc MLT course curriculum
Here are the subjects included in the BSc MLT syllabus:
|Semester 1||Semester 2|
|Human Anatomy I||Human Anatomy II|
|Human Physiology-I||Human Physiology II|
|PC Software Lab||Human Anatomy-II|
|Health Education & Health Communication||Bio-Medical Waste Management|
|Biochemistry-I Lab||Communication Lab|
|Human Anatomy-I Lab||Practical: Human Physiology-II|
|Human Physiology-I Lab||Practical: Biochemistry-I|
|Semester 3||Semester 4|
|Pathology-I||Pathology - II|
|Immunology & Serology-I||Immunology & Serology-II|
|Histopathology & Histotechniques -I Lab||Histopathology & Histotechniques -II Lab|
|Clinical Haematology-I Lab||Clinical Haematology-II Lab|
|Histopathology & Histotechniques -I||Histopathology & Histotechniques -II|
|Microbiology, Immunology & Serology - I Lab||Microbiology, Immunology & Serology – II Lab|
|Clinical Haematology-I||Clinical Haematology-II|
|Semester 5||Semester 6|
|Clinical Enzymology & Automation||Advanced Diagnostic Techniques|
|Parasitology & Virology||Diagnostic Molecular Biology|
|Immunohematology & Blood Banking||Clinical Endocrinology & Toxicology|
|Diagnostic Cytology||Clinical Endocrinology & Toxicology Lab|
|Principles of Lab Management & Medical Ethics||Advanced Diagnostic Techniques Lab|
|Clinical Enzymology Lab||Diagnostic Molecular Biology Lab|
|Diagnostic Cytology Lab||Internship Project|
|Parasitology & Virology Lab|
Roles and responsibilities of BSc lab technicians
- A BSc lab technician performs accurate laboratory tests on different biological samples, such as blood, urine, and tissue, using laboratory equipment and techniques.
- BSc lab technicians are responsible for maintaining laboratory equipment and ensuring that it is functioning properly. They must follow safety protocols while handling the equipment and maintain proper records of maintenance activities.
- BSc lab technicians are responsible for collecting biological specimens from patients and processing them for laboratory analysis.
- BSc lab technicians must adhere to quality control procedures and ensure that the laboratory is meeting the required standards. They must perform regular quality checks and maintain proper documentation.
- BSc lab technicians interact with patients and medical staff on a regular basis. They must have excellent communication skills to explain laboratory procedures and results to patients.
- BSc lab technicians must stay up-to-date with the latest advancements.
Skills required for BSc MLT courses
- BSc MLT students must have excellent communication skills to explain laboratory procedures and results to patients as well as the medical staff.
- They require analytical skills to be able to analyze laboratory results and identify any abnormalities or errors.
- BSc MLT students must possess basic computer skills and other technical skills like operating laboratory equipment and performing laboratory tests accurately.
- They must be comfortable working with various body fluids and analyzing their results.
- BSc MLT students must have a keen eye for detail to ensure accuracy in laboratory results.
Job scope for BSc MLT
The average per-annum salary for a BSc Medical Lab Technology graduate is about 6 lakhs in India. This amount would also increase with time and experience. Apart from this, it has some great job opportunities. Here are some job scopes for a BSc MLT student:
Lab Technician- A lab technician performs various laboratory procedures and experiments to support scientific research, medical diagnosis, and treatment. Their responsibilities include collecting and analysing samples, operating laboratory equipment, maintaining laboratory records, etc.
Medical Lab Technician- A medical lab technician (MLT) is a healthcare professional who performs laboratory tests and procedures in a medical laboratory. MLTs work under the supervision of medical laboratory technologists (MLTs) or other healthcare professionals.
Lab consultant- A lab consultant is a professional who provides consulting services to laboratories in a variety of industries, including healthcare, pharmaceuticals, environmental testing, and more.
Biochemistry technician- A biochemistry technician is a professional who works in a laboratory setting and is responsible for conducting experiments and tests to help scientists and researchers in the field of biochemistry.
Microbiology lab technician- A microbiology lab technician is a healthcare professional who specializes in performing laboratory tests and procedures related to the study of microorganisms. Microbiology lab technicians work in a variety of settings, including hospitals, clinics, research facilities, and public health laboratories.
Renal Dialysis Technician- A renal dialysis technician, also known as a hemodialysis technician, is a healthcare professional who operates and maintains equipment used in the treatment of patients with kidney failure.
Top recruiters for BSc MLT
- Apollo Hospitals
- Thyrocare Technologies Ltd
- Metropolis Healthcare Ltd
- Narayana Health
- Fortis Healthcare
- Max Healthcare
- Dr Lal PathLabs
- Manipal Hospitals
- SRL Diagnostics
- LifeCell International Pvt. Ltd.