Students Trained & Placed
Sq.Ft.of training area
Worldwide Alumni Network
Kitchen Training Facility
UP to Scholarships
International & National Internships only at 5-star Properties
One to One Corporate Mentorship
An Entrepreneurial Culture at the Campus
Dignified with Rankings
Amongst India's most promising Hotel Management Institute by Higher Education Review 2022
Ranked Top Hotel Management Institute awarded by Times Education Icon 2022
Thinking about getting a degree from BSc Nursing Colleges? We have seen what the real meaning and functions of a nurse are and what are the different types of nurses available. In this blog, we will dig further and try to understand more about a certified nurses from BSc Nursing colleges. Hope you read our previous blog - The Anatomy of a Nurse - Part I
Employment Sector/Industry for Nurse
The Healthcare industry is very vast and there are multiple job opportunities available in the industry once you complete the course through BSc Nursing Colleges. For some candidates, their skillsets and roles in the nursing colleges in Mumbai differ. It is up to the candidates to choose which field suits them the most and what their interests align. The nursing profession is famous for providing quality services to patients. Candidates from BSc Nursing colleges can enter many sections of the healthcare system.
It is important to find jobs and interests which align with the student's skillsets and professional requirements in health science courses. Following are the employment opportunities across various niches after a degree from BSc Nursing colleges:
- As a Staff Nurse
- Assistant Nursing Superintendent
- Department Supervisor
- Nursing Service Administrators
- Industrial Nurse
- Nursing Supervisor or Ward Sister
- Community Health Nurse (CHN)
- Deputy Nursing Superintendent
- Military Nurse Director of Nursing
- Teacher of Nursing
Top Recruiting Hospitals and Nursing Homes after graduating from BSc Nursing colleges:
After CoVID -19, there is a great demand for skilled nurses and medical professionals. The revolution in technology demands skilled nurses who have completed their BSc Nursing course. Aspirants of BSc Nursing colleges and healthcare industries can find a range of jobs and professions in the industry. Following are the top recruiting hospitals across India for nurses' from health science courses. Take a good look at the list and choose the one suitable for you.
- All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS),
- Fortis Hospital - Mumbai
- Apollo Hospital - New Delhi
- Moolchand Hospital - Chennai
- Kokilaben Hospital - New Delhi
- Jas Lok Hospital - Mumbai
- New Delhi Sunrise Life Care Ivf And Infertility Center,
- Manipal Hospital - Pune
- Medicover Hospital - Hyderabad
- Bangalore Shanti Nursing Home,
- Jahangit Hospital - Pune
- Marine Medical Center - Pune
Salary and Pay Scale:
In the nursing profession after a degree from a BSc in Nursing college, the salary varies accordingly to the skills and experience. As the experience increases, the salary increases in nursing colleges in Mumbai. Also, there is a great disparity in the salaries of those employed in government and private hospitals after a good degree from BSc Nursing colleges.
The grade pay of entry-level staff nurses can range anywhere between Rs 38,000 to Rs 45,000 in a government facility. Whereas in private hospitals it may differ. There are private hospitals which offer luxury facilities and their salaries differ according to the shifts and other inputs by nurses from good BSc Nursing colleges like ITM Institute of Health Sciences.
Books & Study Material to Become Nurse
In order to create a successful career, you can choose the digital or print media, to study the course from a BSc Nursing college. A nurse must always upskill herself with the best resources along with Basic Nursing degree. Along with mental knowledge, practical skills must also be brushed so as to ace in times of urgency in real life. Training at BSc Nursing colleges emphasizes leadership, research and practice.
In order to get admission to good BSc Nursing colleges, candidates do have to clear an entrance exam test. To achieve this, you just have to refer to some knowledgeable books and study material like digital sources.
You may find the list of some of the best books to prepare for a career in nursing.
- Review Guide for NLN-RN Pre-Entrance Exam by Mary McDonald: It is one of the trusted sources that candidates all over India prefer.
- The Pearson Guide To The B.Sc. (Nursing) Entrance Examination by Saroj Parwez: This book provides students from BSc nursing colleges with a good insight into the vast syllabus and helps them to achieve the basic knowledge of the field.
- McGraw-Hill's Nursing School Entrance Exams, Second Edition: Strategies + 8 Practice Tests by Tamra Orr, Thomas A. Evangelist, and Judy Unrein: This is another great book which is being referred by students in nursing colleges in Mumbai not just in India but across the globe.
- Indian Army Military Nursing (Staff Nurse) Services Exam Books by Sura College of Competition: This is a reference book for special army and defence exams. But it is also prefered by students who are preparing for other exams.
- Comprehensive Guide for Nursing Competitive Exam by R.S. Sharma, Vinod Gupta Preeti Agarwal: This is another good source to enrich your knowledge in the field of nursing.
Pros of Becoming a Nurse
- It is a noble profession which helps people recover physically.
- The number of employment opportunities in plenty in India and abroad.
- This humble profession gives self-satisfaction and mental peace at the end of the day.
- It makes one adept at multi-tasking and improved flexibility in their career.
- But this source might not be suitable for everyone. If you don't have a passion for the nursing field then BSc in Nursing might be just a normal certification for you. Here are some cons of becoming a nurse.
Admissions for the upcoming academic year have been started at ITM IHS for Bsc Nursing. All you have to do is, go through our website to check out the BSc Nursing college course offerings we pose. If you feel like considering it as a career option, you can even speak to our esteemed counsellors. They will further help you decide if you are unsure.