Students Trained & Placed
Sq.Ft.of training area
Worldwide Alumni Network
Kitchen Training Facility
UP to Scholarships
International & National Internships only at 5-star Properties
One to One Corporate Mentorship
An Entrepreneurial Culture at the Campus
Dignified with Rankings
Amongst India's most promising Hotel Management Institute by Higher Education Review 2022
Ranked Top Hotel Management Institute awarded by Times Education Icon 2022
A nurse practitioner (NP) is a registered nurse with an advanced nursing course from an institute of health sciences. They have clinical training in the diagnosis, management, and prevention of disease via that nursing course. Nurse practitioners are primary or speciality care providers who can treat a variety of common illnesses and minor injuries. Providing preventive care and health education to patients is also their responsibility. In addition to providing medical treatment, nurse practitioners are able to prescribe medication. Their nursing course degree also helps them perform minor procedures with direct physician oversight.
Who is a nurse practitioner?
A nurse practitioner is an advanced practice nurse who provides primary care services to patients. They are registered nurses with a bachelor of science in nursing followed by a master's degree in a clinical area. Their nursing course training allows them to diagnose and treat common medical conditions, prescribe medications, and perform some medical procedures that previously required the services of a physician.
What are the responsibilities of a nurse practitioner?
- Provide patient care: A nurse practitioner provides health care to patients in a variety of settings, including hospitals, clinics, doctor's offices and their own private practices.
- Diagnose, treat and manage diseases: A nursing course graduate can diagnose and treat a wide range of medical conditions. They can prescribe medications as well as perform physical exams that may include ordering lab tests to determine the cause of illness or injury. All of this is a part of their nursing course training.
- Prescribe medications: Nurse practitioners often prescribe and provide other treatment options. They include - diet changes or exercise regimens for patients who suffer from chronic ailments like diabetes or heart disease. If a patient has an acute problem like strep throat or urinary tract infection (UTI)- However, they may also need prescription medication from their primary care physician before they can visit the nurse practitioner for follow-up treatment once symptoms subside.
How to become a nurse practitioner?
To become a nurse practitioner, you need the following:
- Get enrolled in an institute of health sciences: You will need to complete a four-year nursing course degree from an institute of health sciences. The first two years of this bachelor of science in nursing will be similar to that of other nurses. But the last two years of this nursing course will prepare you for advanced practice as a nurse practitioner.
- Master's Nursing Course Degree: If your field of speciality requires further study beyond your bachelor of science in nursing, consider earning a master's. You can also choose another related field such as public health or education administration. While you can still apply for nurse practitioner positions without having earned an advanced nursing course, please consider additional certificate courses. It is recommended if you want to maximise your chances of being hired and advance in the future. Therefore, you must have certain learning goals after you become a nurse.
- National nursing course certification: All states require that Nurse Practitioners be certified by passing an exam administered by one of several organizations approved by the federal government to offer national certification exams. Most states also require continuing nursing courses every few years after becoming certified to maintain their licenses.
- State licensure and board examination: Each state has its own laws regarding licensing requirements for APRNs. However, most require holding national nursing course certification. - Along with passing both written and practical examinations before allowing entry into practice within their jurisdictions.
Ways to advance your career as a nurse practitioner
One of the best ways to advance your career as a nurse practitioner is by working in a hospital. Another option is working as a nurse practitioner in a clinic or nursing home. You can also work as a nurse practitioner at schools and even in private practices.
Where can nurse practitioners get jobs?
Nurse practitioners can work in a variety of settings and specialities, including:
- Private practices
- School health centres
Nursing course graduates also often work in rural and urban areas.
A career in nursing is challenging and rewarding, both professionally and personally. As a nurse practitioner, you will have the opportunity to work in a variety of settings. The responsibilities and duties of each position may vary depending on the setting, but in all cases, your role will be important to ensuring that your patients receive quality care.
For some people, working as a nurse practitioner is an ideal career path because they enjoy the challenge of being able to do so many different things with their careers. For others, it’s simply because they want to help people through one of life’s most difficult periods—being sick or injured. No matter what your reason for choosing this profession is or why you think it might be right for you, there are many benefits associated with being part of this team.
The role of a nurse practitioner is one of the most rewarding careers out there. It allows you to take care of people while also giving them the independence they need to maintain their own health. As more people become aware of this career path, we can expect more demand for these professionals in hospitals and clinics around the world.
If you are keen on joining this profession and serve the needy, you will have to take proper education for the same, as mentioned above. And if you are searching for some good nursing colleges, consider ITM Institute of Hotel Management. We have a variety of health science courses with the best facukty to train you and help you become talented professionals.
Admissions for the current academic year are on, you can check the course details on our website and enrol online. We also have educational counselors for guiding you.