Students Trained & Placed
Sq.Ft.of training area
Worldwide Alumni Network
Kitchen Training Facility
UP to Scholarships
International & National Internships only at 5-star Properties
One to One Corporate Mentorship
An Entrepreneurial Culture at the Campus
Dignified with Rankings
Amongst India's most promising Hotel Management Institute by Higher Education Review 2022
Ranked Top Hotel Management Institute awarded by Times Education Icon 2022
Quality Education, Outstanding Administration & Leading Infrastructure by Educational Excellence Awards & Conference 2021
Outstanding Performance in Virtual Knowledge Delivery During Pandemic by Educational Excellence Awards & Conference 2021
MLT course has been used to investigate and deal with the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of diseases and a variety of disorders in order to provide the best possible care. Any proficient MLT course professional must have a thorough understanding of general pathology, microbiology, biochemistry, and haematology.
These allied health professionals are essential to the gathering of the data needed for these investigations as well as their documentation, reporting, testing, and sampling. The presence, severity, or absence of diseases is determined by experts in this field, who also provide the information needed to assess the efficacy of treatment. One is trained for this during their MLT course and here are some things you need to regarding MLT careers.
Careers after MLT course:
- There are many Institute of health sciences that host MLT courses. There are two degrees of professionals engaged when it comes to careers after the MLT course: Medical Lab Technicians and Medical Lab Technologists. Under the supervision of medical lab technologists, medical lab workers often perform standard lab tests manually. They perform other tasks like maintaining, cleaning, and setting up lab equipment in addition to preparing specimens and operating the machines that analyse samples. They also mix the right amounts of chemicals to create the solutions that are needed for the lab.
- Medical lab techs, on the other hand, work in the five core lab disciplines of microbiology, immunology, haematology, clinical chemistry, and blood banking. They operate in fields relevant to the study of human tissues. In a large collection of blood samples in a blood bank, they also determine the proper blood types for transfusions.
- The emergence of health emergencies like COVID-19 has brought attention to the importance of MLT course graduates and other healthcare workers. There's a high demand for a good institute of health sciences.
- In comparison to 2020, there has already been a 29% rise in hiring in the health sector. The Indian government has also been actively taking action.
- In the 15th Financial Commission Report, has added a chapter on health for the first time and made some short-term recommendations to address the rising demand for physicians and other medical professionals.
- Additionally, there are more open positions for contract healthcare workers.
- The government is also putting up efforts to close the shortage of physicians and paramedics in rural areas. They are introducing training-based MLT courses in rural areas.
- Many governments have already launched lateral hiring campaigns at MLT college for medical and paramedical personnel.
- To create a qualified workforce and provide high-quality healthcare for all inhabitants, some states have also started health sector skilling initiatives, MLT courses.
The Shifting Government Role in Healthcare
Over 1,17,000 people have been identified and trained by the government to fill a variety of healthcare positions, including
- general duty assistants,
- emergency medical technicians,
- home healthcare aides,
- professionals who maintain medical equipment, and
- medical laboratory technicians through MLT course
Over 1 lakh healthcare workers will benefit from MLT courses that include a classroom programme followed by three months of on-the-job training.
Opportunities as an MLT course graduate in the government sector
As the MLT is necessary for the confirmation of a clinical diagnosis, it plays the crucial role of a doctor in a healthcare facility without whom suitable care arrangements for a patient's treatment cannot be planned.
Depending on their training and experience, a medical lab technician may also be a
- Lab director
- Administrative supervisor in a healthcare
- Outreach coordinator for hospitals
- Consultant for lab information systems
- education advisor
- Medical Public health centres (PHC), either run by the federal or state governments, are hiring lab techs.
- Northern Railways, Employees' State Insurance Corporation, and Central Government Health Scheme-the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare all have openings for employees.
- Several government-run medical colleges and institutions accept applications for staff lab technicians.
- Lab technicians can find employment in government-funded therapeutic research facilities as well.
- Under the ECHS- Ex-Servicemen Contributory Health Scheme, there are opportunities for Laboratory Technicians.
- In a number of states, the National Health Mission Schemes employ laboratory supervisors.
Newest govt job announcement:
• Directorate of Health & Family Welfare of Government of Punjab, Medical Lab Technician Grade 2
• Northern Railway Laboratory Assistant
• Employees' State Insurance Corporation for Lab Technicians
• CSIR, India: Medical Lab Technician (Pathology)
• Lab assistants - Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Central Government Health Scheme
• All India Institute of Medical Sciences lab technician
Candidates for the position of medical lab technician must have earned a certificate in mlt course or a diploma in medical lab technology. The degree should be earned from an accredited institute of health sciences. The minimum educational criteria for candidates to become medical lab technologists is that they have successfully completed their degree from MLT college. ITM Institute of Health Sciences offers a 3 years full-time BSc in MLT.
Here candidates who have completed DMLT from a recognized institute can seek lateral admission in the 2nd academic year of the MLT course.
In order to provide the greatest care to the poor at a reasonable cost, many highly constructed government hospitals are now spread throughout India. They are either under the control of the central government or the state government. The majority of these government-run hospitals have their own in-house labs, Institute of health sciences and employees with backgrounds in medical technology are sought for these labs.
The MLT college here is also connected to government hospitals and government health centres. As a result, hospitals and health centres in the public sector are hiring medical lab techs. There's a full of opportunities ahead after an MLT course!