Students Trained & Placed
Sq.Ft.of training area
Worldwide Alumni Network
Kitchen Training Facility
UP to Scholarships
International & National Internships only at 5-star Properties
One to One Corporate Mentorship
An Entrepreneurial Culture at the Campus
Dignified with Rankings
Amongst India's most promising Hotel Management Institute by Higher Education Review 2022
Ranked Top Hotel Management Institute awarded by Times Education Icon 2022
Quality Education, Outstanding Administration & Leading Infrastructure by Educational Excellence Awards & Conference 2021
Outstanding Performance in Virtual Knowledge Delivery During Pandemic by Educational Excellence Awards & Conference 2021
What is BSC in MLT?
- B.Sc. in MLT or Bachelor of Science in Medical Laboratory Technology is an undergraduate course that focuses on providing students with the knowledge and skills required to work as medical laboratory technicians.
- The course covers various aspects of laboratory medicine, including medical microbiology, hematology, clinical pathology, clinical biochemistry, and blood banking.
- Students learn how to use laboratory equipment and techniques to diagnose and treat diseases, as well as how to handle and store samples.
- B.Sc. in MLT is a popular course among students who are interested in pursuing a career in the healthcare and medical industry.
- BSc Lab Technician graduates are trained to operate laboratory equipment and perform various medical tests and analyses.
Why choose BSC in MLT?
There are several reasons why pursuing a B.Sc. in MLT course will be a great career option for students:
- B.Sc. in MLT graduates have a wide range of career options to choose from, including laboratory technicians, research associates, medical technologists, microbiologists, and more.
- As you gain more experience and skills in the field of medical laboratory technology, you can expect to see rapid career growth and advancement.
- B.Sc. in MLT graduates can expect to earn competitive salaries in the medical industry, with the potential for growth over time.
- The healthcare and medical industry is growing and developing rapidly in India, thus leading to increasing demand for trained medical professionals. B.Sc. in MLT graduates are in high demand in hospitals, clinics, research labs, and other healthcare settings.
- Students who complete a lab technician course are prepared to work in a variety of laboratory settings, including hospitals, research facilities, and industrial laboratories.
Who should pursue BSC in MLT?
- B.Sc. in MLT is a suitable course for those who have a strong interest in the healthcare and medical industry, and want to pursue a career in laboratory medicine.
- Individuals who have a strong aptitude for science and technology, and possess good analytical and problem-solving skills, are well-suited for this course.
- B.Sc. in MLT is also a suitable course for those who are interested in pursuing higher education in laboratory medicine, such as M.Sc. MLT or Ph.D.
Skills required to pursue BSc in MLT
Here are the skills required for students in BSC MLT:
- BSc in MLT students acquire a variety of laboratory skills, including operating laboratory equipment.
- Attention to detail is a critical skill for MLT professionals as their work involves analyzing and interpreting laboratory results.
- Effective communication is an essential skill for any healthcare or medical professional.
- Comfortability with body fluids, as they have to conduct tests on them.
Job opportunities for B.Sc. MLT graduates in India
B.Sc. in MLT graduates in India have a variety of job positions in both public and private sectors. Some of the job roles that B.Sc. in MLT graduates can apply for include:
- Healthcare Administrators - They manage the operations of hospitals, clinics, and other medical facilities. They oversee budgets, staff, and day-to-day operations.
- Biomedical Scientists - They are responsible for developing and testing medical equipment and devices. They work in research institutions, medical technology companies, and hospitals.
- Blood Bank Technician - Blood Bank Technicians are responsible for collecting, storing, and processing blood donations in blood banks and transfusion centers. They work with a team of medical professionals to ensure that donated blood is safe for transfusion to patients.
- Medical Record Technician - A Medical Record Technician, also known as a Health Information Technician, is responsible for organizing and managing patient health information in hospitals, clinics, and other healthcare facilities.
- Forensic Scientists - They are responsible for analyzing and interpreting physical evidence in criminal investigations. They work in forensic laboratories and law enforcement agencies.
- Medical Transcriptionists - They transcribe medical reports dictated by healthcare professionals. They work in hospitals, clinics, and medical transcription companies.
Salary and Remuneration for B.Sc. in MLT Graduates
|Job posts||Average salary|
|Medical Technician||INR 3 Lakhs - INR 20.2 Lakhs|
|Healthcare Administrator||INR 4 lakhs|
|Biomedical Scientist||INR 3.3 Lakhs - INR 12.0 Lakhs|
|Forensic Scientist||INR 3 Lakhs - INR 5 Lakhs|
|Technical Executive||INR 1.6 Lakhs to INR 7.2 Lakhs|
|Lab Technician||INR 2.4 Lakhs - INR 4.2 Lakhs|
Scope for Higher Education for B.Sc. in MLT Graduates
After completing their B.Sc. in MLT, students have several options for pursuing higher education in the field of healthcare and medical technology. In this section, we will discuss the scope of higher education for B.Sc. in MLT graduates.
- Postgraduate Courses- B.Sc. in MLT graduates can pursue postgraduate courses such as M.Sc. in Medical Laboratory Technology, M.Sc. in Biotechnology, and M.Sc. in Medical Microbiology. These courses provide advanced knowledge and training in laboratory diagnosis and testing and enable students to specialize in a particular field of medical technology.
- Professional Certification Courses- B.Sc. MLT graduates can also opt for professional certification courses to enhance their skills and knowledge in a specific area of medical laboratory technology.
- Doctoral Programs- B.Sc. MLT graduates who wish to pursue a career in research and development can opt for doctoral programs such as Ph.D. in Medical Laboratory Technology, Ph.D. in Biotechnology, and Ph.D. in Medical Microbiology. These programs provide students with advanced research skills and knowledge in their chosen field of study.
- Management Courses- B.Sc. in MLT graduates can also pursue management courses such as Master of Hospital Administration (MHA) and Master of Business Administration (MBA) in Healthcare Management. These courses provide students with skills and knowledge in healthcare management, administration, and leadership, which are essential for managing and leading healthcare organizations and institutions.
- Vocational Courses- B.Sc. MLT graduates can also opt for vocational courses such as Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology (DMLT), Diploma in X-Ray Technology, and Diploma in Medical Imaging Technology. These courses provide students with specialized skills and knowledge