Students Trained & Placed
Sq.Ft.of training area
Worldwide Alumni Network
Kitchen Training Facility
UP to Scholarships
International & National Internships only at 5-star Properties
One to One Corporate Mentorship
An Entrepreneurial Culture at the Campus
Dignified with Rankings
Amongst India's most promising Hotel Management Institute by Higher Education Review 2022
Ranked Top Hotel Management Institute awarded by Times Education Icon 2022
Quality Education, Outstanding Administration & Leading Infrastructure by Educational Excellence Awards & Conference 2021
Outstanding Performance in Virtual Knowledge Delivery During Pandemic by Educational Excellence Awards & Conference 2021
Even though a lot of students aspire to become nurses or doctors after the 12th, these professions aren't for everyone. If you want to do something different from conventional and highly sought after options, going after a career in MLT might just be the right pick for you.
As a medical laboratory technician, you'll have the opportunity to work with patients but will not have to deal with them on a day-to-day basis.
Types of Medical Technologist Degree in India
We all know how fascinating and challenging a healthcare job can be. If getting into medical school or becoming a nurse seems impossible, why not consider being a medical lab technician? With the introduction of this course, the medical business has seen significant growth in employment opportunities.
Colleges and universities provide 3 main types of courses
|Course Type in MLT||Duration||Eligibility|
|B.Sc. in Medical Laboratory Technology (MLT)||3 Years||12th Standard Passout with At least 50% marks in physics, chemistry and biology are needed.|
|D.M.L.T (Diploma program in Medical Laboratory Technology)||2 Years||50% in 12th in PCB from a recognized education board|
|Certificate Course in Medical Laboratory Technology||6 Months||10th passout with 50% Marks.|
A bachelor's degree is a good alternative if you want to learn more about the subject matter and build a high paying career in MLT. If you're pressed for time, consider a diploma or certificate program.
A Career in MLT: What Does It Look Like?
Clinical Laboratory Science is another name for Medical Laboratory Technology. During your career in the MLT field, clinical laboratory tests are used extensively to diagnose, treat, and prevent several diseases. Students learn how to conduct tests that aid in diagnosing and treating disease as part of the course. Candidates who complete the course will be able to operate sophisticated laboratory equipment with confidence.
What Does it Take to be a Medical Lab Technician?
Don't think you have what it takes to succeed as a Medical Laboratory Technician. The following questions must be answered before deciding on a career in MLT:
What is a medical laboratory technician's job description?
During your career in MLT, your job is to assist doctors in the diagnosis of disease by working in laboratories.
Is it just 'it,' or is there something else? That'd be a no, of course. A medical lab technologist's job is extremely taxing because of the wide range of responsibilities they must manage. A medical laboratory technician's job necessitates a great deal of problem-solving, creativity, and invention.
Read on to learn more about the responsibilities of a Medical Laboratory Technician before you decide whether or not to pursue a career in MLT.
Do you think hospitals and doctors' offices would be the same without medical lab techs? A healthcare center can't function properly without their help. Doctors perform tests on the samples under the guidance of laboratory managers and technologists.
Blood tests are an example of this. Samples are stored in the medical container by the nurse. After that, what happens next? A Medical Laboratory Technician (MLT) performs the test on the material after being transported to the lab.
What Kind of Jobs Can I Get in This Industry?
Among the many specialities in this sector are blood banking and clinical chemistry and subjects like hematology and immunology. Aspirants can choose from various fields that could lead to successful careers. Over the years, the content of the course has expanded, increasing its overall reach as a result. Numerous new possibilities have opened up, broadening the scope.
- Technologists in computed tomography
- MRI technologist
- Technicians who use x-ray machines
- Dentist's Machine Operator
- Technicians in the Operation Theatre
- MRI Technician / Technician
- Pathologist's Assistant
- Physiotherapist's Assistant
- Technician in an Optical Laboratory
- Technicians in renal dialysis care.
- Radiation Technologist
Medical Laboratory Technicians can find work in pathology labs, research labs, urologists' offices, pharmaceuticals, and hospitals. Along with the options mentioned above, an aspirant can pursue a career in education. Medical Laboratory Technology is a job option for the students who complete the degree program.
Exactly what does a medical lab technician do in the real world?
A medical laboratory technician studies biological fluids and tissues to diagnose and treat medical diseases properly. When looking at the tissue under the microscope, a medical lab technician could examine for cancer cells or other anomalies. They may also check blood types before transfusions or do drug tests on urine samples.
5 Reasons to Become a Medical Laboratory Technician.
There are numerous advantages to working as a medical laboratory technician. Listed here are five reasons you might want to consider a career in MLT.
- Flexibility in the workplace Hospitals, clinics, nursing homes, laboratories, and more employ medical laboratory technicians. Working nights, weekends, or any other time that works for you if you choose the right workplace is possible in your career in MLT.
- Backstage Work It's not necessary to work directly with patients in every healthcare field during your career in MLT. Medical lab techs operate in the shadows, assisting doctors and other healthcare professionals. It's possible that you won't even interact with patients during your shifts.
- Science, Technology, and Healthcare Intersections Every day, medical laboratory specialists employ high-tech equipment to conduct diagnostic tests on human body samples. A career in MLT is a dream come true for those passionate about science, technology, and medicine.
- Easy Access to a Job Market As a medical laboratory technician, getting a job is rather easy. In as little as two years, you can graduate from a Medical Laboratory Technician program and begin building a successful career in MLT.
- A rise in the number of people employed Careers in MLT are booming in India as well as across the world. These technicians' employment is expected to rise by 11 per cent between 2022 and 2028, substantially faster than the national average. You'll have an easier time securing employment because of the increased demand.
Start Your Career in MLT The Right Way With ITM
Medical Lab Technician is one of the best career opportunities. As a healthcare worker, not every position requires you to interact directly with patients. The ability to work behind the scenes is another highly sought-after opportunity. The good news is that these occupations still have a beneficial effect on people's well-being. This field is likely to have a growth of 18% by 2024, according to projections.
ITM’s Bachelor's degree in Medical Laboratory Technology is the perfect option if you want to build a high-paying career in MLT. Studying with ITM comes with high exposure to the healthcare industry and 100% placement support. Top recruiters such as Thyrocare, Apollo Hospitals, Metropolis, etc., hire the B.Sc. MLT students from ITM. Click here to know more about our courses and eligibility criteria.