Students Trained & Placed
Sq.Ft.of training area
Worldwide Alumni Network
Kitchen Training Facility
UP to Scholarships
International & National Internships only at 5-star Properties
One to One Corporate Mentorship
An Entrepreneurial Culture at the Campus
Dignified with Rankings
Amongst India's most promising Hotel Management Institute by Higher Education Review 2022
Ranked Top Hotel Management Institute awarded by Times Education Icon 2022
Quality Education, Outstanding Administration & Leading Infrastructure by Educational Excellence Awards & Conference 2021
Outstanding Performance in Virtual Knowledge Delivery During Pandemic by Educational Excellence Awards & Conference 2021
Introduction to Hotel Management?
- Hotel Management is the field of managing and operating hotels, resorts, restaurants, and other hospitality-related businesses.
- The main goal of hotel management is to ensure that guests have a comfortable and enjoyable experience while staying at the hotel or resort.
- These programs aim to teach students the knowledge and skills that are needed to succeed in the hospitality industry and prepare them for a wide range of career opportunities.
- Hotel management education programs are available at various levels, including diploma programs, undergraduate programs, and graduate programs.
- There are various institutes of hotel management across India, that provide students with necessary skills and knowledge.
- Students aspiring to pursue a career in hotel management can enrol in the institute of Hotel Management to acquire industry-relevant knowledge and skills.
What is a Bachelor’s of Hotel Management?
- A Bachelor of Hotel Management is an undergraduate degree program that provides students with a detailed education in the field of hospitality and hotel management.
- This is usually a four-year program and offers a wide range of courses covering various aspects of hotel and hospitality management.
- The curriculum of the Bachelor of Hotel Management program usually includes courses in hotel operations, marketing, food and beverage management, accounting and finance, human resources, and strategic management.
- These programs may also offer specialized courses in areas such as spa and wellness management, sustainable tourism, and hospitality technology.
- Some bachelor of Hotel Management programs also offer the opportunity for students to study abroad, allowing them to gain international experience, exposure to different cultures and cross-communication skills.
Hotel management course list in various Institute of Hotel Management
The Institutes of Hotel Management offers various types of courses. Here are some of them:
- Bachelor of hotel management- A Bachelor of Hotel Management (BHM) is an undergraduate degree program that focuses on preparing students for a career in the hospitality industry. This degree program typically takes four years to complete and covers various aspects of the hospitality industry, including hotel and restaurant management, tourism, event management, and more.
- Bachelor of Hotel Management and catering technology- A Bachelor of Hotel Management and Catering Technology (BHMCT) is a specialized degree program that combines the principles of hotel management and catering technology. The program is designed to provide students with the knowledge and skills required to succeed in the hospitality industry, particularly in the areas of food and beverage service, kitchen operations, and event management.
- B. Sc in hospitality and hotel management- A Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) degree in Hospitality and Hotel Management is an undergraduate program that focuses on developing students' skills and knowledge in managing and operating a hotel or hospitality-related establishment. Here are some of the benefits of pursuing a B.Sc. in Hospitality and Hotel Management:
- BA in hotel management- A Bachelor of Arts in Hotel Management is an undergraduate degree program that focuses on preparing students for managerial and administrative roles in the hospitality industry. The program typically combines core business courses with specialized courses in hospitality management to provide a comprehensive understanding of the industry.
- Diploma in Hotel Management- A Diploma in Hotel Management takes 1-2 years to complete and covers a range of topics such as hotel operations, food and beverage management, front office management, housekeeping, and tourism.
Benefits of Pursuing Bachelor of Hotel Management
Pursuing a Bachelor of Hotel Management (BHM) degree from any institute of hotel management can provide numerous benefits for individuals who aspire to work in the hospitality industry. Here are some of them:
- A bachelor of hotel management degree offers diverse career opportunities, including hotel management, restaurant management, event management, travel and tourism, and many more.
- Students who graduate from institutes of Hotel Management can work in various roles such as hotel management, food and beverage management, and event management.
- The institute of hotel management offers hands-on experience through internships, industry visits, and practical training, which helps students gain practical experience in the field. This exposure can provide students with a competitive edge when seeking employment after graduation.
- The hospitality industry is a global one, and pursuing a bachelor of hotel management degree from any institute of hotel management can open up opportunities for students to work in different parts of the world.
- The hospitality industry is growing rapidly, and there is a high demand for skilled professionals. Pursuing a BHM degree can provide job security and stability in the long run.
- The institutes of Hotel Management also offer short-term courses and workshops for professionals to upgrade their skills.
- Institutes of Hotel Management have a strong alumni network, which helps students in networking and finding job opportunities.
- A bachelor of hotel management often provides students with the skills and knowledge required to start their businesses in the hospitality industry. It can be a great option for those who want to enter into entrepreneurship.
Institute of hotel management Eligibility Criteria
There are several Institutes of Hotel Management in India that are recognized by the government and provide quality education in the field of hotel management. Here are the eligibility criteria that a student should meet to pursue a Bachelor of Hotel Management degree at various institutes of Hotel management:
- The student must have completed his 10th and 12th grade with at least 50% from a recognized board to enter into any institute of hotel management.
- For the general category, the student must be aged between 19-22 years. But there is an age relaxation for SC and ST students.
- Students must have English as their mandatory subject to enrol in any institute of hotel management.
- They must have strong communication skills.
The Curriculum of Bachelor of Hotel Management
Here are the subjects included in the Bachelor of hotel management curriculum in most institutes of Hotel Management.
|Semester 1||Semester 2|
|Application of Computers||Foundation Course in Food Production-II|
|Foundation Course in Food Production-I||Accountancy|
|Foundation Course in Front Office-I||Nutrition|
|Foundation Course in Accommodation Operations-I||Foundation Course in Food and Beverage Service-II|
|Foundation Course in Food and Beverage Service-I||Foundation Course in Tourism|
|Principles of Food Science||Foundation Course in Front Office-II|
|-||Foundation Course in Accommodation Operations-II|
|Semester 3||Semester 4|
|Food Production Operations||Human Resource Management|
|Accommodation Operations||Communication Skills in English|
|Front Office Operations||Management in Tourism|
|Food and Beverage Operations||Industrial Training|
|Food and Beverage Control||-|
|Food Safety and Quality||-|
|Semester 5 and 6|
|Food and Beverage Management|
|Front Office Management|
|Advanced Food Operations Management|
|Advanced Food and Beverage Operations|
Career Opportunities for Bachelor of Hotel Management Graduates
The placement record of institutes of Hotel Management is impressive, with graduates securing jobs in reputed hotels, restaurants, and other hospitality businesses. Here are some of them:
Front Desk Officer- A Front Desk Officer is a professional who is responsible for managing the front desk or reception area of an organization.
Executive Housekeepers- Executive Housekeepers are senior professionals in the hospitality industry who are responsible for managing and overseeing the housekeeping operations of hotels, resorts, and other hospitality establishments.
Catering Officer- A Catering Officer is a professional who manages the catering and food services for an organization or event. Their main responsibilities include menu planning, food preparation, presentation, etc.
Accounting Manager- An Account Manager is responsible for managing the financial operations of a hotel or hospitality establishment. They oversee financial planning and budgeting, financial reporting etc.