Students Trained & Placed
Sq.Ft.of training area
Worldwide Alumni Network
Kitchen Training Facility
UP to Scholarships
International & National Internships only at 5-star Properties
One to One Corporate Mentorship
An Entrepreneurial Culture at the Campus
Dignified with Rankings
Amongst India's most promising Hotel Management Institute by Higher Education Review 2022
Ranked Top Hotel Management Institute awarded by Times Education Icon 2022
If you are hesitant to hop on a plane these days, you are not alone. As per the United Nations World Tourism Organization (UNWTO) estimates, the number of tourists had fallen around 74% in 2021 as compared to the past year, 2020.
However, the scenario is changing now. As most economies have eased up the lockdowns and travel guidelines, a sudden surge in travelers and thus hospitality & tourism industry is already evident.
Result? There exists an endless number of careers in Hotel Management, ranging from culinary to cruise ships to hotels.
Further, the hotels and restaurants are investing their resources to reach more potential customers through advertising.
For many developing economies in the Asia-Pacific and—small island states (Maldives, Sri Lanka, Indonesia) the impact was as bad as it can be But the return back to normalcy has already started. Before the Covid-19 pandemic, the hospitality & tourism industry contributed to more than 10% of global GDP. The contribution was more when it comes to tourism-dependent nations such as Indonesia, Mauritius, Maldives, etc.
What is the future of the hospitality industry?
The impact of covid 19 on the hospitality industry is being observed globally. While some industries can adapt to digital platforms and continue their struggle for survival, others have been facing massive downturns due to lockdowns, travel restrictions, and social distancing norms. As a result, careers in Hotel Management were severely hit, with people losing jobs in huge numbers.
The hotel and tourism industry hit the rock bottom after the pandemic and worldwide lockdowns but now bouncing back in full force.
It wipes out all your history but then gives you a chance to start over.
How Long Will It Take For The Hotel Industry To Recover?
The hospitality industry is seeing an uptick post-Covid as proven by the following data:
- As per BookingJiniestimates, the hotel bookings have already been growing with a rate of 14-18% each month. The upsurge will lead to a gigantic growth in the careers in Hotel Management in upcoming years.
- The hotel industry shut down in March of 2020 and has now been eyeing a sharp recovery since then. There has been a rise in leisure traffic as vaccines have become available.
- Globally, some destinations continued to show a disproportionate recovery across 2021; Miami and Dubai reached the greatest recovery in gross operating profit per available room (GOPPAR), a key metric in determining the industry's health. Moreover, as the hospitality industry introduces new job roles; there are plenty of options for those seeking careers in Hotel Management.
The emergence of the Covid-19 pandemic from the slowdown is already evident in restaurants to hotels, casinos to sports. The hotels and restaurants regain its footing and confidently look forward to a successful, thriving future. The future of the tourism and hospitality industry after the pandemic can still be saved if decisions are made in the long run. Needless to say, the hospitality industry’s recovery in 2022 seems a plausible idea for the upcoming months.
Is hotel management a good career in 2022?
Careers in Hotel Management in 2022 mean innumerable career opportunities. The career opportunities in hotel management are on a steep rise in 2022 and will remain the same in this decade. Thus, it’s safe to say that now is the right time to sign for successful careers in Hotel Management as the job opportunities are going to quadruple.
However, many hotel management aspirants today have apprehensions about the scope of careers in this industry. They assume that the hospitality industry won't generate revenue in the times to come. However, hospitality and tourism were not the sole victims of the pandemic. Moreover, post-pandemic recovery promises lots of opportunities. History has it that industries have witnessed growth after every war or pandemic. This implies that the Best Hotel Management Colleges graduates can carve out successful careers in hotel management in India as well as abroad.
Major reasons why careers in hotel management in 2022 will be a good option are-
- P.M. Modi’s ‘Make in India’ is sure to bring in international capital for the manufacturing industry and would significantly contribute to the country’s hotel and tourism industry. On the top of it, the Indian government’s aggressive tourism policy is a major enabler for the industry’s re-emergence.
- Careers in hotel management comes with high-paying jobs, fast growth, ability to travel the world, and explore different cultures.
- Continually welcoming new guests to the hotel means each day is filled with different challenges and requests, which keeps your working day interesting.
- Opportunities within hotel management are endless, and to make the most of them, you'll need to be flexible. Thus, if you like challenging and adventurous tasks, pick one of the many careers in Hotel Management and start working today.
Why do a Hotel management Course from ITM?
At ITM, we currently have 10,000+ students pursuing their dreams of making successful careers in Hotel Management. In the period of our existence, we have made many dreams come true. You can land a satisfying and high-paying job, travel the world, and have a great career with our hotel management course. Our students are working with the hospitality industry biggies such as Taj, ITC, Oberois, and more than 50 more companies. ITM provides 100% placement assistance to our students. With ITM, careers in Hotel Management are bright and secure.
Want to check out our courses in hospitality management? Visit us here.