Students Trained & Placed
Sq.Ft.of training area
Worldwide Alumni Network
Kitchen Training Facility
UP to Scholarships
International & National Internships only at 5-star Properties
One to One Corporate Mentorship
An Entrepreneurial Culture at the Campus
Dignified with Rankings
Amongst India's most promising Hotel Management Institute by Higher Education Review 2022
Ranked Top Hotel Management Institute awarded by Times Education Icon 2022
When we reserve a hotel for a trip, we typically expect a great view, an opulent stay, a pool inside the building, a spacious room with comfortable mattresses, delectable food, and first-rate services. The Hotel Management staff made efforts to improve our quality of life and value fundamental cognitive functions. The travel and business management industry, particularly hotel management, has grown quickly as a result of globalization and the introduction of new technologies, offering a variety of job opportunities with good pay. As a result, when students reached the twelfth grade, these courses became extraordinarily common.
Skills needed in Hotel management college in Mumbai
Every job has benefits, but they also come with considerable responsibility. However, to ensure a successful career, you should possess specialized competencies and traits that will distinguish your profile in Hotel management college in Mumbai. A few essential competencies you must possess to pursue a career in this area include:
- Problem solving skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Leadership skills
- Communication skills
- Organizational skills
How is a career in hotel management?
A career abroad has its own advantages and benefits, such as structured courses, numerous programs, cutting-edge facilities, and numerous chances to gain international exposure. The main advantages of finding such courses abroad are listed below.
- Interacting with people from various cultures and languages opens up new experiences.
- Clubbing all these things above will assist you build a robust network of executives.
- Practical knowledge—a wide range of universities abroad provide quality education through these courses, placing a greater emphasis on practical knowledge than on theoretical information.
- Being a global industry, you might become accustomed to how hotels are run on various continents.
- You will have access to a variety of professional development opportunities that will help you develop both hard and soft skills.
What are Careers in Hotel Management?
There is a pool of opportunities in this field, some of the best ones for a career are mentioned below:
- Housekeeping manager
- Sales manager
- Guest manager
- Client manager
- Catering manager
- Accommodation manager
- Restaurant manager
- Tourism manager
- Guest relation manager
- Hotel manager
- Event manager
Depending on how much experience you gain over the years, the annual salary in India can range from two lakhs to twenty lakhs. The following are the top standard job openings for students:
What is the focus of a hotel management course in Hotel management college in Mumbai?
These courses provide in-depth information on a wide range of topics and prepare you for managing multiple responsibilities, from work and front table management to hiring human resources and handling finances. The following are a few of the crucial topics:
- Hospitality étiquettes
- Hotel work
- Event management
- Hotel social science & Statistics
- Project Management
- Hotel monetary Accounting
- Legal Frameworks
- Housekeeping Principles
- Practices and Principles of Management
- Environmental Science
- Allied Services
- Front workplace Fundamentals
- Behavioral Science
- Front workplace procedures
- Food & production services
- Menu designing and style
- Employee & publicity
- Hospitality property management
- Business Law
- Hotel Law
- Food and liquid Production
- Marketing and Sales
Some of the career options that have gained popularity through Hotel management college in Mumbai are:
- Hotel Manager
- Travel Agent
- Cabin Crew
- Air ticketing agent
- Tour guide
- Executive Chef
Opportunities and the wage package in the Hotel management course:
- Chef- 2 lakhs to 6 lakhs per year
- Bartender- 1 lakh to 4 lakhs every year
- Client manager- 2.5 lakhs to 20 lakhs per year
- Front desk manager- 2 lakhs to 7.5 lakhs per year
- Executive housekeeper- 1.5 lakhs to 14 lakhs per year
- Event manager- 4 lakhs to 6 lakhs per year
- General manager- 5 lakhs to 15 lakhs per year
- Food and Liquor manager- 2.5 lakhs to 7 lakhs
There are numerous jobs within the public sector too. Here’s a list of a few of them.
- IRCTC catering Supervisor/Manager
- Hospitality Managers in Government Airlines
- Railway business
- Food Corporation of India (FCI)
- Army or Defense
- Sports Authority of India
- Teaching school at Hotel management institutes
- FSSAI Jobs
- Indian Navy business Services
Positions for New Graduates
With a degree in hotel management, there are numerous exciting job opportunities in fields like security, finance, and food production. There are numerous alternatives to working in restaurants and hotels for recent graduates; some of them are listed below:
- Club Management
- Guest houses
- Airline business
- Government jobs
- Cruise ship
- Hotel & Tourism
- Tour manager
- Food stylist
- Kitchen management (Catering services)
- Hospitality services (MNC’s)
Eligibility for the Hotel management course
Below are a few requirements that applicants must meet in order to pursue careers in this area:
- a 10+2 with the required minimum marks from an accredited university
- an overseas postgraduate degree program that requires at least 2-3 years of work experience
- A strong command of the English language is crucial.
- You must pass entrance exams to be accepted into these prestigious universities.
- A high percentile from an accredited university is necessary.
Courses after passing 12th grade
There are varied credential and full-fledged degree courses you'll be able to pursue to start a victorious career in Hotel Management when you pass 12th. Here are some of them that are given below:
- Bachelor of Hotel Management (BHM)
- Bachelor in Hotel Management and Catering Technology (BHMCT)
- BSc in Hospitality and Hotel Administration
- BA in Hotel Management
- BBA in Hospitality, Travel & Tourism
- Diploma in Hotel Management
- Diploma in Hotel Management & Catering Technology
- Diploma in Hospitality Management
- Diploma in Housekeeping
- Diploma in Aviation Hospitality and Travel Management
Courses when you complete Graduation
- Master of Hotel Management (MHM)
- Master in Tourism and Hotel Management (MTHM)
- MBA in Hotel Management
- MBA in Hospitality Management
- MSc Tourism and Hospitality Management
- MBA Hospitality
BSc in Hotel Management
The highlights of this course are as under:
Time duration- 3 years undergraduate course
Semester system- 6 semesters
Eligibility- 10+2 with minimum 50% aggregate from a recognized institute/ college
- Front Office
- Personality and Communication Development
- Food Production
- Hygiene and Sanitation
- Laundry operations
- Food Science
- Food and Beverage Service
Fresher- The package ranges between 1 lakh to 3.5 lakhs per year
Professional- The package ranges between 3 lakhs to 7 lakhs per year
Admission process- Personal interview/ Entrance examination
The best way to get ready for the entrance exams
- To identify the weak and strong sections in which to focus, solve previous years' exams.
- Since exam papers are frequently abandoned due to time constraints, solving papers can help you manage your time.
- Create a suitable and realistic schedule with the appropriate timeframe to finish the syllabus on time.
- Last but not least, keep revising. More is always better.
For students interested in studying hotel management, India offers a variety of options. We have a rich cultural diversity that provides us with a variety of Indian cuisines.
Atithi Devo Bhava, which roughly translates to "Guests are equivalent to God," is something our ancestors taught us.
Because we already possess the virtues required for Hotel Management courses, this simplifies our course time.
I sincerely hope that this blog provided you with the knowledge required for hotel management courses.