Students Trained & Placed
Sq.Ft.of training area
Worldwide Alumni Network
Kitchen Training Facility
UP to Scholarships
International & National Internships only at 5-star Properties
One to One Corporate Mentorship
An Entrepreneurial Culture at the Campus
Dignified with Rankings
Amongst India's most promising Hotel Management Institute by Higher Education Review 2022
Ranked Top Hotel Management Institute awarded by Times Education Icon 2022
Quality Education, Outstanding Administration & Leading Infrastructure by Educational Excellence Awards & Conference 2021
Outstanding Performance in Virtual Knowledge Delivery During Pandemic by Educational Excellence Awards & Conference 2021
Hospitality management courses are designed to equip individuals with the knowledge and skills necessary to succeed in the hospitality industry. The hospitality industry includes a range of businesses such as hotels, restaurants, event management companies, tourism organizations, and other related businesses. These courses cover a wide range of topics, including hotel operations, food and beverage management, customer service, sales and marketing, and financial management.
Types of Hospitality Management Courses:
Undergraduate Degrees: Undergraduate degrees in hospitality management courses provide a comprehensive education in the hospitality industry. These degrees typically take three to four years to complete and cover a range of topics such as hotel operations, food and beverage management, marketing, and finance.
Postgraduate Degrees: Postgraduate degrees in hospitality management courses are designed for individuals who already have a degree and want to specialize in hospitality management. These degrees provide advanced knowledge in areas such as hospitality marketing, revenue management, and strategic management.
Online Courses: Online courses in hospitality management courses provide flexibility for students who are working or have other commitments. These courses cover a range of topics and provide the opportunity for students to learn at their own pace.
Course Overview and Structure: B.A (Hons) in International Hospitality & Tourism Management
B.A (Hons) in International Hospitality & Tourism Management (BA-IHTM) is a three-year undergraduate course that equips students with the business management skills relevant in the modern workplace. The hospitality management courses are designed to provide a global degree that may take students anywhere. BA-IHTM graduates are highly sought after by international hospitality and tourism organizations.
The primary objective of the hospitality management course is to prepare and develop graduates for a management career in the hospitality and/or tourism industry. The course aims to provide students with the following:
- Understanding and knowledge of the nature of hospitality, and the organizations, management and impacts associated with the provision and consumption of hospitality and tourism in a contemporary global environment.
- Intellectual capabilities of analysis and interpretation, critical evaluation, selection and synthesis, reasoned argument, research, and problem-solving.
- Effective management, technical, IT, numerical, communication and research skills.
- Generic transferable attributes enabling them to communicate effectively, work individually and in teams to deadlines, be innovative and adaptable to change, to be entrepreneurial in their approach, to manage and reflect on their own learning.
- A range of both ‘hard’ and ‘soft’ skills that encapsulates the requirements of 21st century customer care and to demonstrate these with confidence and integrity.
- Understanding of progressive sustainability concepts, environmental impacts and awareness and ethical issues for the hospitality industry.
- An international perspective of the hospitality & tourism industries, turning them into truly global citizens.
The hospitality management course is structured over three years (6 semesters) of full-time study, with the fourth semester dedicated to industrial exposure, i.e. industrial training of 5 months. The course is divided into the following semesters:
Semester 1: Fundamentals of Tourism and Hospitality Management
Semester 2: Food and Beverage Management
Semester 3: Rooms Division Management
Semester 4: Industrial Training
Semester 5: Marketing and Sales Management
Semester 6: Financial Management in Tourism and Hospitality
To be eligible for the hospitality management course, candidates must have:
Passed 10+2 with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks
Aptitude for the Hospitality / Service industry as demonstrated through a personal interview
Written and spoken fluency in English.
Skills Acquired through Hospitality Management Courses:
Communication Skills: Communication is an essential skill in the hospitality industry, and hospitality management courses help students to develop effective communication skills. These courses teach students how to communicate with guests, colleagues, and management effectively.
Leadership Skills: Hospitality management courses help students to develop leadership skills. These courses teach students how to manage teams, motivate staff, and lead by example.
Problem-Solving Skills: Hospitality management courses help students to develop problem-solving skills. These courses teach students how to identify and solve problems effectively, such as handling customer complaints or managing unexpected situations.
- Hotel Manager: A hotel manager is responsible for the day-to-day operations of a hotel. They oversee staff, manage finances, and ensure guest satisfaction. Hotel managers can work in different types of hotels, from small independent hotels to large international chains.
- Restaurant Manager: A restaurant manager is responsible for the day-to-day operations of a restaurant. They manage staff, oversee finances, and ensure customer satisfaction. Restaurant managers can work in a range of settings, from small independent restaurants to large chains.
- Event Manager: An event manager is responsible for planning and executing events. They work with clients to understand their requirements, manage budgets, and oversee all aspects of the event. Event managers can work for event management companies, hotels, or other related businesses.
Benefits of the BA-IHTM Course:
- In-demand Skills: The hospitality management course equips students with essential skills such as effective management, technical, IT, numerical, communication and research skills. These skills are in high demand across various sectors, making it a versatile course.
- Global Opportunities: As the hospitality management course provides a global degree that may take students anywhere, it opens up a world of opportunities for graduates to work in various countries and cultures.
- Industry Exposure: The industrial training during the fourth semester gives students the opportunity to gain hands-on experience and apply the theoretical knowledge they have learned in a real-world setting.
- Sustainable Practices: The course emphasizes progressive sustainability concepts, environmental impacts and awareness, and ethical issues for the hospitality industry, making graduates responsible and informed professionals.
In conclusion, hospitality management courses provide a range of benefits and career opportunities for students. With industry-specific knowledge, professional development opportunities, and global career opportunities, hospitality management courses are a great choice for individuals interested in the hospitality industry. By pursuing a career in hospitality management, individuals can work in different types of businesses and take on a range of management positions, providing a fulfilling and dynamic career.