Students Trained & Placed
Sq.Ft.of training area
Worldwide Alumni Network
Kitchen Training Facility
UP to Scholarships
International & National Internships only at 5-star Properties
One to One Corporate Mentorship
An Entrepreneurial Culture at the Campus
Dignified with Rankings
Amongst India's most promising Hotel Management Institute by Higher Education Review 2022
Ranked Top Hotel Management Institute awarded by Times Education Icon 2022
A dull day is suddenly brightened with some yummy food, your mood is lightened by some delicious sweets and you feel completely amazing after a whole meal!
Food has been engraved in our culture, we are born foodies with a love for various types of delicacies and dishes!
It’s rightly said that the way to your heart is through food. You might definitely consider doing these courses after hearing these facts!
A hospitality course will help you bring out the best chef in you! You might even discover other hidden talents through the hospitality courses!
So why not give it a try? Here is everything you might want to know about hospitality courses, colleges, job opportunities, and more!
Why go for hotel management courses?
As you all know, hospitality is a huge industry with many job profiles and great opportunities.
After the COVID-19 pandemic, all the restaurants, hotels, cafes, and small food places have seen significant growth.
The hospitality industry all around the world was facing big losses and could not do anything about it during the pandemic. Some of them went bankrupt and some could not handle the losses.
But now it's different! The hotel industry is booming and has a steady increase in employment. It’s the best time to go for hospitality courses and be a part of th industry!
Some of the best hotel management courses are listed below-
These courses will help you to get in-depth knowledge about how to go about in the hospitality sector and its different subjects
- Diploma in Hotel Management
- Post Graduate Diploma in Hotel Management
- Bachelor of Hotel Management (BHM)
- Bachelor of Arts in Hotel Management
- Bachelor of Science in Hotel Management
- BA (Hons) in Hotel Management
- BBA in Hotel Management
- Master of Science in Hotel Management
- MBA in Hotel Management
- Certificate Courses in Hotel and Catering Management
- Craftsmanship Courses
- Tourism management
- Hotel accounting
- Business law
- Indian heritage
- Food science and nutrition
- Basic accounting
Eligibility criteria for the following courses
Candidates must have a class of 10 or 12 diplomae from a recognized board.
Candidates must have completed their 12th-grade examination.
Postgraduate Diploma course-
Candidates must have a bachelor's degree in hotel management from a recognized university.
Bachelor in Hotel Management-
Students must have passed their class 12 qualifying examination with honors from a recognized board.
Entrance exams for courses
The NCHM JEE is a computer-based test administered by the National Testing Agency (NTA) to offer enrollment in undergraduate hospitality courses. Students who pass this exam are eligible for Bachelor of Science programs in Hotel Administration and Hospitality offered by Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) and the National Council for Hotel Management.
AIMA UGAT BHM-
The National Testing Agency (NTA) administers the AIMA UGAT BHM at the national level to aspirants seeking admission to the Hospitality program of study at the UG level at any of the enrolled institutes.
AIHMCT administers a national university-level entrance exam for admission to its Bachelor of Hotel Management program.
- Marketing Management
- Beverage Studies and Management
- Regional cuisine
- Fundamentals of the Front Office
- Fundamentals of room division - I
- Food and Beverage Production - I
- Hygiene and Food Safety
- Industrial Exposure
- Introduction to Indian Cooking
- Accommodation Management - I
- Hospitality Marketing
- Travel and Tourism Management
- Industrial Exposure - II
- Principle of Food Science
- Hotel Engineering
- Hotel Financial Accounting
- Hospitality Communication
- Front Office
- Environmental Science
- Organizational Behaviour
Skills required for the courses
- Exceptional communication skills
- Outstanding interpersonal skills
- Leadership qualities
- Self-discipline & Consistency
- Imagination & Ingenuity
- Problem-solving abilities
- Strong organizational skills
- Multitasking ability
- Cooking skills
- Language skills
- Cultural Awareness
The benefits of pursuing Hospitality courses are as follows-
- Interacting with people from different cultures and languages opens up new opportunities.
- Several universities around the world offer hospitality programs that emphasize practical experience over theoretical knowledge.
- You will learn to manage hotels all over the world because this is a global industry.
- A variety of industrial training opportunities will also allow you to develop both hard and soft skills.
- If you take into account all of the preceding factors, you will be able
The best colleges are listed below-
- ITM Institute of Hotel Management, Mumbai
- Ambedkar Institute of Hotel Management in Chandigarh
- Institute of Hotel Management in Jodhpur
- Institute of Hotel Management in Kolkata
- Institute of Hotel Management in Lucknow
- Institute of Hotel Management in Bangalore
- Institute of Hotel Management in Chennai
- Institute of Hotel Management in New Delhi
- Delhi Institute of Hotel Management in New Delhi
- Institute of Hotel Management in Goa
- IIHM in Hyderabad
- Garden City University in Bangalore
- IIHM in Ahmedabad
- IIHM in Bangalore
Job opportunities and career after hotel management courses
These courses have seen an increase in employment opportunities. The youth is open to various fields and choose from a variety of courses and subjects.
India is a developing country, given its current situation, employment is the major key to solving economic issues
Several factors contribute to the growth of the country's hospitality sector, including GDP contribution and the creation of thousands of jobs.
Tourism employed 39 million Indians, accounting for 8.0 percent of total employment in the country, according to statistics. By 2029, it will support 53 million jobs.
Depending on the level of the courses you take, there are various career options available, with plenty of job opportunities that come with a good salary and work experience.
- Kitchen Chef
- Front Desk Officer
- Cabin Crew
- Event Manager
- Hotel Manager
- Front Office Manager
- Food and Beverages Manager
- Restaurant Manager
- Flight Attendant/Steward
- Housekeeping Manager
- Restaurants Hotels
- Insurance Agencies
- Guest Houses
- Colleges & Universities
Top recruiters are listed below-
- The Leela Palaces, Hotels, and Resorts
- ITC Hotels
- Lemon Tree Hotels
- The Oberoi Group
- Neemrana Hotels
- The LaLiT
- The Residency Group of Hotels
- Sarovar Hotels & Resorts
- Indian Hotels Company Limited
- Oyo Rooms
- The Marriott
- Radisson Hotels
- Grand Hyatt
Average salary after these courses
This field is brimming with outstanding job opportunities in both the public and private sectors. Lucrative salaries, uniqueness, creative input, and the opportunity to travel the globe are just a few of the reasons why many students enroll in a hospitality course right after graduating from high school.
- General Manager- 7 Lakhs to 14 Lakhs P. A
- Event Manager- 3 Lakhs to 6 Lakhs P. A
- Front Office Manager- 2 Lakhs to 5 Lakhs P. A
- Chef- 2 Lakhs to 6 Lakhs P. A
- Bartender- 1.5 Lakhs to 4 Lakhs P. A
- Food and Beverage Manager- 3 Lakhs to 6 Lakhs P. A
- Executive Housekeeper- 4 Lakhs to 9 Lakhs P. A
Scope of Hotel Management courses in India
India has seen a rise in Hospitality courses after the coronavirus pandemic. The past two years were very difficult for everyone to handle, but a new day brings new hope.
It’s the same with the hospitality sector, it has a lot of potential and opportunities
Hope this blog was useful with respect to Hotel Management courses.