Students Trained & Placed
Sq.Ft.of training area
Worldwide Alumni Network
Kitchen Training Facility
UP to Scholarships
International & National Internships only at 5-star Properties
One to One Corporate Mentorship
An Entrepreneurial Culture at the Campus
Dignified with Rankings
Amongst India's most promising Hotel Management Institute by Higher Education Review 2022
Ranked Top Hotel Management Institute awarded by Times Education Icon 2022
India is known for its rich culture and food. The food we serve is not just food, it’s a feeling. Every morsel we take in has its own flavors and spices which makes the food exceptional!
In a country where food is given utmost importance, its the best to go for hotel management courses.
With the increasing demand for hospitality services, the scope of hotel management courses is very high.
If you are someone who’s a foodie and loves to spread the love for food, hotel management courses are the right option for you!
Let’s have a look at what’s in store for anyone who wants to go for hotel management courses.
Why go for hotel management courses?
- Hotel Management courses broaden students' horizons beyond the hospitality industry. In order to venture into other areas of management, students may pursue an MBA or another Master's degree in management.
- It is up to the student whether they want to manage a 5-star hotel in the city or an exotic resort in the hills.
- Students can live abroad and travel to different countries. Top hotel chains hire excellent managers to manage their properties all over the world.
- The potential for good pay is enormous.
- These courses will allow you to learn about many cultures, their food preferences, tastes, and much more!
Best hotel management courses are as follows
- Bachelor of Hotel Management [BHM]
- Bachelor of Hospital Management
- Bachelor of Hospitality Management
- BA Hospitality Management
- BSc Catering Science and Hotel Management
- BSc Hospitality and Hotel Administration
- BSc Hospitality Studies
Eligibility for Hotel management courses
- Passing class 10 and 12 exams with a minimum aggregate score of 50% are required for admission to the hotel management program.
- In some cases, having a diploma in hotel management or certification in hotel management makes you eligible for hotel management after 12th grade.
- Admission to hotel management certificate and diploma programs is typically based on merit or on a first-come, first-served basis. The merit of class 10 and class 12 determines BHM Enrollment 2022 and the majority of bachelor-level hotel management courses.
- For Hotel Management Admission 2022, top hotel management colleges hold entrance exams. The final hotel management admission is based on entrance exam scores, group discussion performance, and personal interview rounds.
- NCHMCT JEE 2022 is accepted by government hotel management colleges.
Skills required for Hotel management courses
There are certain skill sets that you need to inculcate in order to have a smooth sail throughout the courses
Students must be able to understand the customer's needs and preferences without the customer actually stating them.
Most customers may not even express their requirements and may be accommodating to the hotel.
However, it is the hotel owner's responsibility to understand the needs of the customer through good observation skills and to ensure that the services are provided to that customer.
It can be difficult to succeed in the hotel industry. Problems can arise out of nowhere and catch the hotel owner off guard.
Unwanted problems and situations can only be solved by developing situational awareness and the ability to anticipate problems before they occur.
Situational awareness aids in the prevention of a variety of problems that may impact customer service.
Teamwork plays a major role in every workspace. It is a necessary attribute for every aspiring candidate to get along with the team. You need to get to know all the team members better in order to analyze them and distribute work accordingly.
When you are working in the hospitality sector, many things are taken into consideration. You need to look after the customers, tend to your fellow mates, manage sudden problems, and more.
This goes without saying that you need to have basic cooking skills for management courses. Students will be taught in detail but some knowledge would be beneficial.
One of the most crucial aspects of the hotel industry is the manager's and staff's communication skills. Polite behavior, a willingness to assist the customer, and the desire to provide the best service possible are always appreciated. The customer should always be greeted with a smile.
What is a BHM course?
A bachelor's degree in hotel management is a three-year undergraduate degree program. It is available at many Indian universities and can be pursued full-time or part-time.
This course not only covers Hotel Management topics, but also introduces students to other related fields such as sales, marketing, and public relations.
Eligibility criteria for BHM courses
- There is no minimum level age requirement to apply for an undergraduate course.
- Students wishing to apply for this course must have completed their Senior Secondary (10+2) or equivalent qualification from a recognized board.
- The percentage or requirements may differ from one college to the next.
- SC/ST students receive a 5% reduction in the minimum aggregate.
Top Hotel management colleges for BHM courses
- Welcomgroup Graduate School of Hotel Administration in Manipal
- Army Institute of Hotel Management in Bangalore
- Christ University in Bangalore
- AIMS Institutes in Bangalore
- Amity University in Lucknow
- T John College in Bangalore
- IIHM in Hyderabad
- Garden City University in Bangalore
- IIHM in Ahmedabad
- IIHM in Bangalore
- IHM Shri Shakti in Hyderabad
Job opportunities after BHM courses
- Front Office Manager
- Food and Beverages Manager
- Restaurant Manager
- Flight Attendant/Steward
- Housekeeping Manager
- Restaurants Hotels
- Insurance Agencies
- Guest Houses
- Colleges & Universities
Top recruiters after BHM courses
- The Leela Palaces, Hotels, and Resorts
- ITC Hotels
- Lemon Tree Hotels
- The Oberoi Group
- Neemrana Hotels
- The LaLiT
- The Residency Group of Hotels
- Sarovar Hotels & Resorts
- Indian Hotels Company Limited
- Oyo Rooms
- The Marriott
- Radisson Hotels
- Grand Hyatt
Job profiles after Hotel Management courses
- Kitchen Chef
- Front Desk Officer
- Cabin Crew
- Event Manager
- Hotel Manager
Average Salary after hotel management courses
The starting salary of a hotel manager in India is INR 4.04 lakhs per annum, making it the best job opportunity. Hotel managers with 15 to 20 years of experience earn between INR 8 and INR 12 lakhs per year.
The salary can differ according to various job profiles, experience, and educational qualifications.
Scope of Hotel Management courses
Without a doubt, hotel management and the hospitality industry provide excellent career opportunities for motivated students.
Hotel Management and Hospitality is a significant industry in India's service sector. According to estimates, the travel and tourism industry in India employs more than 8% of the total workforce.
The Indian tourism and hospitality industry is boosting the country's service sector forward. The hotel industry in India is expected to be worth INR 1,210.87 billion by 2023.
Due to an increase in the attraction of new tourists and business delegates, the compound annual growth rate is expected to rise by 13% until 2023.
India has many opportunities for students who have an interest in Hotel Management courses. We have a diverse culture that offers us a mix of different Indian cuisines.
Our roots teach us, “Atithi Devo Bhava” which loosely translates to “Guests are equivalent to God.”
This makes our course time more simple as we already have the virtues needed for Hotel Management courses.
Hope this blog gave you the necessary insight needed for hotel management courses.