Students Trained & Placed
Sq.Ft.of training area
Worldwide Alumni Network
Kitchen Training Facility
UP to Scholarships
International & National Internships only at 5-star Properties
One to One Corporate Mentorship
An Entrepreneurial Culture at the Campus
Dignified with Rankings
Amongst India's most promising Hotel Management Institute by Higher Education Review 2022
Ranked Top Hotel Management Institute awarded by Times Education Icon 2022
Fashion design is becoming one of the most profitable and creative industries on the planet. It's a type of art that isn't limited by the constraints of making accessories like shoes and bags; instead, its scope is enormous, far-reaching, and profound. The fashion industry today provides individuals all over the world with a wide range of attractive clothing and accessories.
The global fashion industry is evolving at a rapid pace, necessitating qualified workers to fill numerous responsibilities. In the fashion sector, several job profiles join together to produce fashionable trends.
The Indian fashion business is promising and has significant future growth potential, suggesting that those with fashion designer abilities and degrees would find plenty of well-paying opportunities.
Students who attend fashion design colleges may be able to generate enough money as fashion designers. Fashion design courses are one of the most popular options for students looking for a good profession in today's competitive job market.
Fashion designing colleges provide a variety of courses for individuals interested in pursuing a successful career in the design field. Students can enroll in a fashion design program at one of India's leading fashion design institutions.
The following are some of the Fashion design degree programs accessible to students in India:
- Bachelor of fashion design (B Des)
- Bachelor of Fashion Technology (BFTech)
- BSc fashion designing
- Bachelor of Arts in Fashion Designing
Through their extensive curriculum, these fashion design courses enable students to get in-depth expertise. Students in Bachelor of Fashion Design colleges are taught both theoretically and practically. Through interactive sessions such as classroom sessions, seminars, internships, group projects, and other assignments, the fashion business gives students with practical expertise.
These hands-on courses give students real-world experience that equips them to deal with difficult situations in the workplace. Students obtain crucial abilities in addition to textual and practical knowledge that is useful not only in the fashion business but also in any workplace.
If students want to pursue a Bachelor of Fashion Design, they must meet specific eligibility requirements.
As a minimum, students must have completed 10+2 years of education.
Students must also achieve a minimum of 50% in their 12th grade to be accepted into a Bachelor of Fashion Design program.
Although admittance to a fashion design school is based on merit, some schools administer an entrance exam to further assess a candidate's field of interest and competence.
A student must additionally complete a personal interview round in addition to the entrance exam so that the Fashion designing institute can better grasp a candidate's skill set.
If students bring their work portfolio to the admissions process, the best colleges for fashion designing will be able to better comprehend a candidate's work and which job profile will best suit them.
After a candidate has paid the Fashion design classes costs, they are admitted to the best college for Fashion designing of their choice.
Aside from the essential abilities required to be a fashion designer, there are a few fashion designer skills that can assist students to develop their skill set and launching a successful career in the industry:
The following are some of the most important skills taught in a fashion design school:
Fashion styling is in high demand due to the global fashion industry's expansion. This course teaches professional fashion styling and artistic creativity, such as how to put together a comprehensive outfit based on the theme, event, personal style, and current trends.
A student with artistic creativity will be better equipped to come up with fresh fashion trends and appealing fashion goods. A fashionable object that is artistically designed will be more popular with the general public. Stylists are hired by celebrities, influencers, and even politicians to make them appear their best.
It is critical for a fashion designer to have a thorough understanding of color. With the appropriate knowledge of colors, patterns, and fabrics, you may design apparel that will be fashionable around the world. A piece of clothing's patterns should be both appealing and functional.
Pattern making is a multi-stage process in which both production and design are involved. Students in a color study concentrate nearly solely on the color combinations of an outfit. The purpose of a color study is to understand everything you can about color combinations and dos and don'ts.
Merchandising in Fashion
Fashion merchandising include the marketing, strategic analysis, distribution, and administration of fashion products. It's done in order to make as much money as possible. Fashion merchandisers stay on top of the current trends in order to predict what buyers desire. Fashion merchandising is a business that moves quickly.
Students must think beyond the box when it comes to generating designs. The fashion designs that students develop should not only stand out from the competition but also be original and innovative. Innovative designs enable students' work to be recognized by exhibitions, designer institutes, and retail stores and even become a trend in the ever-changing worldwide industry. Students who are creative can excel in the design sector.
Subjects in Fashion Design
India's modern education ecosystem is not only progressive but also responsible for producing some of the world's most successful individuals. While everyone had a stereotypical perspective about the Indian ecosystem before, things are slowly but surely improving, and both students and parents are more positive than ever before.
One of the clearest illustrations of this advancement may be seen in students who choose more unusual subjects rather than sticking to a traditional Fashion design degree. Fashion design is one such course that has received a lot of student enrollment in recent years.
What subjects are required for fashion design?
While the particular list of fashion design disciplines differs for each Fashion designing institute, all of them contain the following list of subjects based on the degree and courses:
Fashion Designing Subjects for BSc:
- Textile Wet Processing
- Fashion Art And Design
- Apparel Quality Management
- Clothing Culture And Communication
- Fashion Portfolio & Design Collection
- Elements Of Fashion & Design
- Pattern Making & Garment Construction
- Fashion Illustration & Design
- Textile And Apparel Testing
- Fashion Retailing, Marketing, And Merchandising
- Apparel Computer-Aided Design
- Draping & Needle Craft
- Entrepreneurship Development
- Garment Surface Ornamentation
Fashion Design Subjects For Diploma:
- Basics Principles Of Fashion & Understanding Basic Silhouettes
- Accessories, Tools & Equipment
- General Theory & Fashion Industry Language Guide
- Fabric Selection & Fashion Illustration
- Colors, Measurements & Patterns
- Saree Designing
- Drafting Patterns For Custom Tailored Clients
- Quality Assurance, Stitching Methods, And Applications
- Planning & Strategies For Success
- Fashion Show & Fashion Exhibition
- Fashion Forecasting & Time Management
- Personal Relationship, Advertising, And Media Planning, Industrial Training Report
Fashion Design Subjects for Diploma in Fashion and Lifestyle Entrepreneurship:
- Entrepreneurial motivations, traits & competencies
- Understanding self & Visioning for a 5-year time horizon
- Partnership seeking and selection
Enterprise/ Business Related:
- Creating value proposition for the customer segment(s) & Defining market relationships and service parameters
- Laying down cost structures & Identifying revenue streams
- Laying down the business canvas essentials & Ideas to opportunity exercises
- Design thinking module & Analysis of the fashion-related business environment
- Gathering marketing information through market research & Identifying profitable customer segment(s)
- Communication value proposition to the target segment(s) & Establishing quality-price relationships
- Selecting and managing people resources in the enterprise & Laying down operation management issues and resources
- Identifying financial resources & supply chain and channel resources
Business Plan Creation:
- Business storytelling & Pitching (selected) in front of investors
- Steps in Business Plan creation & Writing
Fashion Designing Subject For Pg Diploma In Fashion Communication:
- Design Thinking & Fashion History
- Fashion Psychology
- Graphic Design
- Photography & Visual Merchandising
- Fashion Styling & Graphic Design
- Workshop Makeup And Hairstyling
- Photography & Visual Merchandising
- Fashion Forecasting & Graphic Design
- Workshop Calligraphy
- Fashion Styling Project
- Workshop – Professional Practice.
- Fashion Journalism & Packaging Design
- Fashion styling & Fashion Consumer behavior
- Retail & brand management
- Live Project
Fashion Designing Subjects for UG Diploma in Fashion & Apparel Design:
- Fashion Orientation (Workshop)
- Fashion Illustration – I & Elements of Textiles
- Construction techniques – I
- Fashion Illustration – I
- Design Process & Draping Basics – I
- Art & Costume Studies – I
- Pattern Drafting – I
- Surface Design Technique
- Pattern Drafting – II
- Fashion Draping – I & Graphic Design – I
- Pattern drafting – III & IV
- Fashion Merchandising & Marketing
- Fashion Illustration & Draping – III
- Graphic Design -II
- Industry Internship
- Fashion Forecasting & entrepreneurship
- Portfolio Development
- Luxury design, Modern Couture, Lingerie
- Women’s & Men’s RTW
- Children’s Fashion, Speciality wear, Costume design
- Design Realization & presentation of Final collection