Students Trained & Placed
Sq.Ft.of training area
Worldwide Alumni Network
Kitchen Training Facility
UP to Scholarships
International & National Internships only at 5-star Properties
One to One Corporate Mentorship
An Entrepreneurial Culture at the Campus
Dignified with Rankings
Amongst India's most promising Hotel Management Institute by Higher Education Review 2022
Ranked Top Hotel Management Institute awarded by Times Education Icon 2022
Quality Education, Outstanding Administration & Leading Infrastructure by Educational Excellence Awards & Conference 2021
Outstanding Performance in Virtual Knowledge Delivery During Pandemic by Educational Excellence Awards & Conference 2021
Fashion design is a competitive industry that requires creative and innovative designers who can stay ahead of the curve. Fashion designing courses can give students the necessary skills and knowledge to succeed in this fast-paced and ever-changing industry.
First and foremost, fashion designing courses provide students with a solid foundation in design fundamentals, such as colour theory, fabric selection, and garment construction. This knowledge is essential for creating high-quality and visually appealing designs that stand out in the industry. Moreover, students are taught how to create designs that look good, fit well, and are comfortable.
In addition, fashion designing courses teach students about the latest fashion trends and industry practices, ensuring that they are up-to-date on the newest fashion developments. This knowledge can help students stay ahead of the competition by creating stylish and relevant designs for the current fashion landscape. Fashion designing courses after the 12th will give you the needed exposure.
Another important aspect of fashion designing courses is that they provide students with hands-on experience in the industry. Many courses offer internships or other practical training opportunities that allow students to work alongside experienced professionals and gain valuable industry insights. This experience can help students develop a strong understanding of the fashion industry and its operations, which can be invaluable when starting their fashion businesses or working with established fashion houses.
Fashion designing courses also teach students essential business skills such as marketing, branding, and entrepreneurship. These skills are necessary for success in the industry as they enable designers to promote their brands and connect with customers. Furthermore, understanding the industry's business side can help designers create aesthetically pleasing and commercially viable designs.
Moreover, fashion designing courses provide students with a platform to showcase their creativity and individuality. These courses encourage students to experiment with different materials, colours, and designs, enabling them to develop their unique styles and visions. This creativity can help designers stand out in the industry and attract the attention of potential clients and investors. Fashion designing courses after the 12th will help students with their creative approach.
Finally, fashion designing courses provide students with networking opportunities that can help them establish relationships with other professionals in the industry. These connections can lead to job opportunities, collaborations, and other beneficial partnerships that can help designers succeed in the industry.
In conclusion, fashion designing courses can help aspiring designers stay a notch above others in the fashion industry by providing them with a solid foundation in design, up-to-date industry knowledge, hands-on experience, essential business skills, a platform to showcase their creativity, and networking opportunities. These skills and experiences are critical for success in the competitive and constantly evolving fashion industry and can help designers stay ahead of the curve and achieve their career goals.
What are the skills necessary for fashion designing courses?
Fashion designing courses require technical, creative, and practical skills. The following are some of the essential skills that students should possess or develop during their fashion designing course:
Creativity: Fashion designers must have a keen sense of creativity to develop innovative, unique designs that appeal to the market. A creative mind is essential for designing garments that stand out.
Drawing and Sketching: Fashion designers must be able to sketch their designs by hand or using digital software, such as Adobe Illustrator. This skill is crucial for communicating their ideas to their team and clients.
Knowledge of Fabrics and Materials: Fashion designers should deeply understand different fabrics and materials, their properties, and how they work together. They must be able to select suitable materials for their designs, considering factors such as drape, texture, and colour.
Technical Skills: Fashion designers must possess a solid technical aptitude, including skills in pattern-making, sewing, and garment construction. These skills are essential for creating high-quality and well-constructed garments that fit well and are comfortable.
Communication and Collaboration: Fashion designers must be able to work collaboratively with other team members, including pattern-makers, sample makers, and manufacturers. They must be able to communicate their ideas effectively and be receptive to feedback and input from others.
Business Acumen: Fashion designers need to have a good understanding of the business side of the industry, including marketing, branding, and entrepreneurship. They should be able to develop a strong brand identity, promote their designs, and build relationships with clients and suppliers.
Career opportunities after fashion designing courses
Fashion designing courses offer a vast array of career opportunities for aspiring designers. Here are some of the most popular and lucrative career options for those who have completed a fashion designing course:
- Fashion Designer: The most obvious career choice for those who have completed a fashion designing course is to become a fashion designer. As a fashion designer, you can create your own fashion line or work for established fashion houses. Your job may involve creating designs, selecting fabrics, overseeing production, and marketing your designs. Opting for fashion designing courses after the 12th will help you achieve your career goals.
- Fashion Illustrator: A fashion illustrator creates drawings and sketches of fashion designs. They may work for fashion houses, magazines, or as freelance illustrators. Fashion illustrators must have excellent drawing skills and an eye for fashion trends.
- Fashion Stylist: Fashion stylists work with fashion photographers, designers, and models to create the perfect look for a photo shoot or fashion show. They must have a good sense of fashion and be able to select clothing, accessories, and makeup that complement each other.
- Fashion Merchandiser: A fashion merchandiser is responsible for selecting, displaying, and promoting fashion products. They work for fashion houses, retail stores, and online retailers. They must understand fashion trends, consumer behaviour, and marketing well.
- Costume Designer: Costume designers create costumes for films, television shows, and stage productions. They must have a good understanding of fashion history, be able to create designs that fit the character or story and work within a budget.
- Fashion Blogger: With the growth of social media, fashion blogging has become a popular career choice. Fashion bloggers create content around fashion trends, styling tips, and product reviews. They may work with brands to promote products and earn money through affiliate marketing.
- Fashion Buyer: A fashion buyer is responsible for selecting and purchasing fashion products for a retail store or online retailer. They must understand fashion trends, consumer behaviour, and budgeting well.
In conclusion, completing a fashion designing course opens up many career opportunities in the fashion industry. The key is to identify your interests and strengths and choose a career path that aligns with them.