Students Trained & Placed
Sq.Ft.of training area
Worldwide Alumni Network
Kitchen Training Facility
₹ 60 Lakhs
UP to Scholarships
International & National Internships only at 5-star Properties
One to One Corporate Mentorship
An Entrepreneurial Culture at the Campus
Dignified with Rankings
Amongst India's most promising Hotel Management Institute by Higher Education Review 2022
Ranked Top Hotel Management Institute awarded by Times Education Icon 2022
Quality Education, Outstanding Administration & Leading Infrastructure by Educational Excellence Awards & Conference 2021
Outstanding Performance in Virtual Knowledge Delivery During Pandemic by Educational Excellence Awards & Conference 2021
The world cinema has been advancing more in technology. It can show us the world beyond our imagination. It all becomes possible because of Animation and VFX! The B.Sc in Animation and VFX is the perfect course for you if you want to explore the creatives behind it.
Visual Effects is a field where you have to be creative and technologically strong. The increase in demand for such skills can open doors for new opportunities for you. But first, you need to learn these skills. The B.Sc in Animation and VFX is the course to learn the needed skills. Read on to know more!
The basics about B.Sc in Animation and VFX!
This animation course is an undergraduate degree program. The duration of this course is 3 years. It consists of a total of 6 semesters. You will get to learn different aspects of Animation in this course. You can apply to the course after finishing your 10+2 education. No entrance test is needed for admission. You just need to have a minimum of 50% on your results.
What is it about?
VFX or Visual Effects is a skill. You need to practice this skill to make your mark in the industry. Animation and VFX are a part of the filmmaking process. It comes under the post-production procedure of filmmaking. Here are some key points to remember before taking B.Sc in Animation and VFX for graduation!
- VFX animation is the art of breathing life into imaginary characters. The digital drawings are brought to life by adding animation. You can make a drawing move with some digital effects.
- The B.Sc Animation and VFX will teach you about the top software that is being used in the industry. This software has tools by which you can create digital art.
- For this B.Sc in Animation and VFX course, you need to have an interest in drawing, sketching, painting, and using different software like photoshop, etc.
- You need to have a strong hand in art and technology to do a better career in animation.
The Admission process for B.Sc in Animation and VFX!
As mentioned before, you won’t need to pass an entrance test to get admission for B.Sc in Animation and VFX. You just need to qualify for the 10+2 years of education with a minimum of 50% results. You have to follow the simple procedure of admission for the course.
- Visit the college website and download the admission or registration form. Fill up the form with your details like name, address, percentage, etc. Attach necessary documents, for example, signature, photo ID, SSC certificate, etc.
- If you get shortlisted, the college will call you for a personal interview or group discussion.
- After passing through this round, you will be eligible for admission. The college will contact you about the same.
Syllabus for B.Sc in Animation and VFX!
The syllabus for this course includes subjects that focus on advancements in your skills. Here are the semester vise subjects for the course!
- Elements of information and technology
- Introduction to programming language
- Foundation art
- Basics of Animation
- Computer-based 2D animation
- Multimedia and computer graphics
- Introduction to 3D animation and modeling-1
- Introduction to mass communication and media literacy
- Technical English-1
- 3D animation-1
- Production process-1
- Composing and editing
- Color Theory
- Technical English-2
- 3D animation-2
- Production process-2
- Layout and perspective
- Sketching and landscaping
- Script writing-1
- Content development direction-1
- Gaming technology
- Digital editing and motion graphics-1
- Visual effects-1
- Script writing-2
- Content development direction-2
- Gaming technology
- Digital editing and motion graphics-2
- Visual effects-2
The best college for B.Sc. in Animation and VFX!
You will find this course in several colleges across India. But the one we recommend is ITM! The ITM group of the institute is known for its business management programs. But they also have B.Sc in Animation and VFX course! The institute has all the facilities where you can learn the technicalities of the field.
ITM has been in the education system for almost 30 years. They have colleges in Navi Mumbai, Pune, Bangalore, Chennai, Warangal, Raipur, and Vadodara.
The curriculum highlights for this course are as follows-
- Design Fundamentals
- Advanced Rotoscopy
- 2D Animation
- Clay modeling animation
- Computer Generated
- Motion Graphics
- Industry Internship
The jobs and opportunities in Animation and VFX!
The rising demand for animation has brought job opportunities with it. You can apply to national- international companies for the following positions!
|1||Art director||Needs to work on creative art as the copywriter demands. Works in advertisement and digital marketing.||3,00,000/- per year|
|2||3D Animator||Works on an animation feature film or on special effects for a movie.||4,00,000/- per year|
|3||Film/Video editors||Requires to edit the raw footage and assemble it to make a meaningful video or film.||3,50,000/- per year|
|4||Animator||Works on digital art for pop videos, advertisements, computer games, websites, etc.||3,00,000/- per year|
|5||Videogame designer||Has to work on designing the videogame characters. Create a story for a video game and the characters in it.||5,00,000/- per year|
Top recruiters in the industry!
The B.Sc in Animation and VFX has a vast scope of opportunities. After completing the course you will be able to apply to companies in India and abroad.
Here’s the list of companies you can apply to in India!
- Maya Entertainment LTD.
- Toonz Animation India
- UTV Toonz
- Reliance Mediawork
- Red chilies
- SAP Labs India Pvt. Ltd.
The list of companies you can apply to abroad!
- Walt Disney studios
- Prime focus technologies
- Double Negative
- Warner Brothers
- Cartoon Network
- Sony Pictures Animation
- Dream Works Animation
That’s all about the B.Sc. in Animation and VFX! Tell us if you find this article helpful. <click here> to explore more courses in VFX animation!