Students Trained & Placed
Sq.Ft.of training area
Worldwide Alumni Network
Kitchen Training Facility
UP to Scholarships
International & National Internships only at 5-star Properties
One to One Corporate Mentorship
An Entrepreneurial Culture at the Campus
Dignified with Rankings
Amongst India's most promising Hotel Management Institute by Higher Education Review 2022
Ranked Top Hotel Management Institute awarded by Times Education Icon 2022
Quality Education, Outstanding Administration & Leading Infrastructure by Educational Excellence Awards & Conference 2021
Outstanding Performance in Virtual Knowledge Delivery During Pandemic by Educational Excellence Awards & Conference 2021
Fashion Design B.Des (Hons.)
Many universities in India offer the B.Des (Hons.) Bachelors of Fashion designing degree course, which is a four-year undergraduate degree program. The curriculum is industry-focused, allowing students to prepare for today's workplace while also learning about India's culture, heritage, and numerous design styles. The program is meticulously designed to impart knowledge and advanced skills in modules such as knitwear design, luxury fashion accessories, technical and smart textiles, digital pattern making and grading, fashion styling, product photography, and costume design, extensive workshops, internships, and industry projects.
Throughout the year, expert lectures offered by practitioners from the fashion business supplement the classroom learnings. Knowledge is put into effect in state-of-the-art design labs and studios beginning in the foundation years, providing much-needed hands-on experience. The curriculum provides students with the most up-to-date fashion knowledge, techniques, sustainable practices, and worldwide exposure in order to prepare them for future design outcomes. Students will receive a Bachelor of Design (Hons.) in Fashion Design that will allow them to take a step in the creative field of work.
Learning Objectives of Fashion designing degree courses
- Understand themes relevant to fashion's historical context.
- Will be able to recognize and comprehend various phases, trends, and fashion cycles.
- Appreciate ideas about attire, dress, and appearance from a cultural, social, and psychological standpoint.
- Develop the creative thinking, analysis, technical abilities, and industry knowledge required to succeed in the fashion industry.
- Demonstrate a deep awareness of the fashion business by using the most cutting-edge fashion techniques and technologies.
- Develop a business mindset when it comes to fashion design.
Is It the right choice for me?
In today's world, fashion design is one of the most lucrative, enticing, glamorous, and interesting career options. Whatever aspect of the fashion industry you choose to concentrate on, from photography to public relations and design to merchandising, a degree in fashion design from one of India's leading fashion designing institutions could be the key to unlocking a plethora of interesting career opportunities.
If you're all of these things and more.
- If you enjoy originality, style, and ingenuity, here is the place for you.
- You're artistically inclined and wish to pursue your passion professionally.
- You can visualize things well, draw well, and communicate effectively.
- A candidate must have completed the 12th Grade (Intermediate), 10+2, or equivalent in any subject, such as Science, Commerce, Arts, or Humanities.
- More than 50% of the total scores in the qualifying examination
- Strong communication abilities and fluency in the English language
Diploma in Fashion designing
A Fashion Designing diploma course is a straightforward fast-track diploma program in the fashion design industry. This one-year program focuses on a revamped curriculum of fashion and design trends, preparing students for a variety of profitable opportunities in the industry. The major goal of this course is to enable students to discover their own fashion design originality and innovation while also imparting knowledge of the technical parts of the process.
This course requires aspiring fashion designers to have a certificate of graduation from any recognized board in the country (Class 12th). Many universities follow this fundamental eligibility, but some do provide a Diploma in Fashion Design after 10th grade.
The curriculum is primarily focused on providing students with training that will help them develop their essential design skills and creative abilities. In addition, the course includes classroom sessions, project assignments, internships, corporate exposure, portfolio development, and other activities.
With a Diploma in Fashion Designing, students can work as brand managers, pattern makers, design product creators, designers, fashion writers, fashion coordinators, and more.
A new applicant in this field may expect to earn between INR 2,00,000 and 6,00,000 per year, depending on their qualifications and experience. In the world of fashion, experience trumps qualifications, therefore your ability and abilities speak louder than your degree.
Students can still pursue other Bachelor's degrees in design or related subjects after completing this diploma program, as well as one of the many advanced diploma and qualification programs offered in the design sector.
Admission Requirements for the Diploma in Fashion Designing 2022
The admission requirements for this diploma program vary by Fashion college in Mumbai. The majority of private universities accept students directly from Class 10/12.
Some universities, admit students based on their written test scores, followed by personal interviews.
Direct Admission Procedure: Students who apply for the course online or in-person are awarded direct admission. When they are chosen, Fashion colleges in Mumbai notify them and require them to pay the entrance fees in order to get admission.
Entrance Exam Based Admission: Some institutions use subject-based or aptitude tests to select candidates for this course after they have passed the group discussion and/or personal interview phase.
Fashion colleges in Mumbai Eligibility Criteria for Diploma
- Students interested in enrolling in this popular diploma program must have finished Class 10 or higher. Some Fashion colleges in Mumbai provide admission after the 12th grade.
- Many students who wish to change careers in the fashion sector study this course after completing their undergraduate or graduate degrees to obtain basic information and abilities, therefore there is no age limit for fashion design certificates.
Entrance Exams for the Diploma in Fashion Designing.
There are no specific entrance exams for this diploma program, Some institutes offer written tests followed by other admission processes. The Written Test may be based on aptitude or subject knowledge, and it is used to advance students through the Bachelor of Fashion design college screening process to the final admission round. For final admission, these schools may conduct a group discussion and personal interview round, which assesses the students' interest, intent, professional objectives, and general personality.
Points to remember when studying for the Diploma in Fashion Designing Entrance Exams:
- Such tests are meant to evaluate the abilities and expertise that Bachelor of Fashion design colleges use to judge whether or not you'd be a good fit for the course, so you should have done some homework and have a basic understanding of the fashion business.
- Check the exam's curriculum and start preparing accordingly.
- You should be well prepared to complete the exam. You can also follow up and review sample papers and articles from prior years, if they are available, even if they aren't very good.
- Give practice tests to familiarize yourself with the types of questions you'll encounter on exam day.
How to Get Accepted into a Well-Known Fashion Designing College?
- In India, there are various recognized institutions for fashion design courses, so you can choose your desired college depending on your qualifications, program structure, and location.
- After you've decided on a Fashion institute in Mumbai, you can check their admission standards and submit your application on time.
- If they offer admission based on a written test, an interview, or both, you should prepare for it by reviewing sample papers or mock interviews and practicing for the Personal Interview Round.
- In the interview round, don't try to be someone else because the panelists want to see your positive side and learn about your essential career goals and aspirations.
- If the Fashion institute in Mumbai offers admission based on merit or grades in Class 10/12, the higher the scores, the better the chances of acceptance once the admission criteria have been met.
What is the Diploma in Fashion Designing Course about?
- The Fashion Design Diploma course covers all of the major topics of fashion. From the source of design or pattern inspiration to the production of an initial prototype, everything is covered in this course.
- Design, advertisement, fabric production, sales and marketing, retailing, and fashion concepts presented and developed are among the themes covered.
- Students learn how to construct and grow a fashion collection, how to apply garment design standards, and how to focus on the target consumer segment, among other things.
- Students are then professionally qualified and ready to contribute creatively to the fashion business by exhibiting knowledge in all of these areas.
- This diploma program stresses creativity and innovation in fashion design while also providing applicants with the technical skills necessary for a successful career in the fashion industry.
- It will also assist applicants in promoting their distinct skills in pattern drafting, weaving, fashion modeling, drawing, design, and garment fabrication.
The fashion designing courses allow students to get their step in the designing field of work and make their career artistically sound and strong. This field is based on your creativity and also your knowledge so when it comes to the financial aspect the sky is the limit.