Students Trained & Placed
Sq.Ft.of training area
Worldwide Alumni Network
Kitchen Training Facility
UP to Scholarships
International & National Internships only at 5-star Properties
One to One Corporate Mentorship
An Entrepreneurial Culture at the Campus
Dignified with Rankings
Amongst India's most promising Hotel Management Institute by Higher Education Review 2022
Ranked Top Hotel Management Institute awarded by Times Education Icon 2022
Quality Education, Outstanding Administration & Leading Infrastructure by Educational Excellence Awards & Conference 2021
Outstanding Performance in Virtual Knowledge Delivery During Pandemic by Educational Excellence Awards & Conference 2021
Bachelor of Design (B.Des) is an undergraduate program that is focused on developing students' creativity, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills in the context of design. The four-year course aims to equip students with the necessary skills and knowledge to become professional designers in various fields. In this blog, we will discuss what the Bachelor of Design course is all about and why it could be a great option for those interested in pursuing a career in design.
The curriculum of a Bachelor of Design course may vary depending on the institute offering it. However, the core subjects typically include design theory and history, design fundamentals, design research and methodology, visual communication design, product design, textile and fashion design, interior design, and interactive design.
In addition to these core subjects, students may have the option to specialize in a particular area of design, such as graphic design, industrial design, UX design, or fashion design, among others. The Bachelor of Design course may also include projects and internships, which can help students gain practical experience and build their portfolios.
The Bachelor of Design course opens up a range of career opportunities for graduates. Depending on their area of specialization, graduates can work in fields such as:
- Graphic Design: Graphic designers are responsible for creating visual designs for print, web, and other media.
- Product Design: Product designers create and develop new products, from ideation to production.
- Interior Design: Interior designers are responsible for designing and planning residential, commercial, and public interior spaces.
- Fashion Design: Fashion designers create clothing and accessory designs for the fashion industry.
- UX Design: UX designers are responsible for designing user-friendly digital products like websites and mobile apps.
Why Pursue a Bachelor of Design Course?
There are many reasons why pursuing a Bachelor of Design course could be a great option for those interested in design. Here are some key benefits:
- Developing creative and problem-solving skills: The Bachelor of Design course is designed to help students develop their creative and problem-solving skills, which are essential for a career in design.
- Career opportunities: The design industry is growing, and there is a high demand for skilled designers in various fields.
- Hands-on experience: The Bachelor of Design course typically includes projects and internships, which can provide students with valuable hands-on experience.
- Building a strong portfolio: The Bachelor of Design course can help students build a strong portfolio of work, which is essential for pursuing a career in design.
Benefits of attending best design schools in India
Attending the best design schools in India can provide numerous benefits, including:
- Quality education: Top design schools in India offer high-quality education and provide students with the knowledge and skills necessary to become successful designers. These schools have experienced faculty members who can provide valuable insights into the industry and help students develop their creative abilities.
- Industry exposure: Attending a top design school in India can provide students with opportunities to connect with industry professionals and gain exposure to the latest trends and technologies. Many schools organize industry visits, guest lectures, and workshops to help students stay up-to-date with the latest industry practices.
- Networking opportunities: Design schools provide an excellent platform for students to network with peers and professionals in the industry. Many schools organize networking events, design competitions, and exhibitions to help students showcase their work and connect with potential employers.
- Access to resources: Top design schools in India have well-equipped libraries, computer labs, and design studios that provide students with access to the latest design software and tools. These resources can help students develop their skills and produce high-quality work.
- Career prospects: Graduating from a top design school in India can significantly increase a student's chances of finding employment in the industry. These schools have a strong reputation and are well-regarded by employers, which can help students secure better job opportunities.
- Creative environment: Design schools provide a creative and collaborative environment that fosters learning and growth. Students can work with peers from diverse backgrounds and learn from their experiences, which can help them develop their creative abilities and broaden their perspectives.
Attending a top design school in India can provide students with an excellent foundation for a successful career in the design industry.
How to apply to a bachelor of design course in India
To apply for a Bachelor of Design (B.Des) course in India, you can follow these general steps:
- Research and shortlist the design schools you are interested in based on their reputation, course offerings, faculty, infrastructure, etc.
- Check the eligibility criteria for the B.Des program at the shortlisted institutions. Eligibility criteria may vary from institution to institution, but generally, you need to have completed 10+2 or equivalent examination from a recognized board with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate.
- Register for the entrance exam. Most design schools in India require candidates to take a design aptitude test, such as the Common Entrance Examination for Design (CEED) or the Undergraduate Common Entrance Examination for Design (UCEED). You can check the respective exam websites for registration details, exam pattern, and syllabus.
- Prepare for the entrance exam. Design aptitude tests assess your creativity, visualization skills, drawing ability, problem-solving skills, and design aptitude. You can practice by solving previous year question papers, taking online mock tests, and improving your drawing skills.
- Apply to the design schools that accept your entrance exam score. Some schools may also conduct a personal interview, portfolio review, or aptitude test after the entrance exam. You can check the admission process and application deadlines on the respective institution's website.
- Submit the application form along with the required documents, such as mark sheets, certificates, and identity proof. You may also need to pay the application fee.
- Wait for the announcement of the results. The design schools will publish the merit list based on the entrance exam score, interview, and portfolio review. If you are selected, you will receive an offer letter, and you can proceed with the admission process by paying the fees and completing the required formalities.
Finally, the application process for a Bachelor of Design course in India may vary slightly depending on the institution. Therefore, it's best to check the institution's website for detailed information and follow the instructions carefully.
The Bachelor of Design course is a great option for those interested in pursuing a career in design. With a focus on developing creativity, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills, the course can prepare students for a range of career opportunities in various design fields. If you have a passion for design and want to turn it into a career, the Bachelor of Design course could be the perfect option for you.