Students Trained & Placed
Sq.Ft.of training area
Worldwide Alumni Network
Kitchen Training Facility
UP to Scholarships
International & National Internships only at 5-star Properties
One to One Corporate Mentorship
An Entrepreneurial Culture at the Campus
Dignified with Rankings
Amongst India's most promising Hotel Management Institute by Higher Education Review 2022
Ranked Top Hotel Management Institute awarded by Times Education Icon 2022
Quality Education, Outstanding Administration & Leading Infrastructure by Educational Excellence Awards & Conference 2021
Outstanding Performance in Virtual Knowledge Delivery During Pandemic by Educational Excellence Awards & Conference 2021
Explore the intricacies of what is MBA in Finance all about through this comprehensive blog, covering its significance, eligibility criteria, syllabus, career paths, salaries, and top recruiters in the field.
What is an MBA in Finance?
MBA in Finance is a two-year postgraduate program offering extensive career opportunities. Available in top MBA institutes in India, it is a specialisation or elective in the second year. This stream imparts knowledge on managing, controlling, and reviewing the collection, investment, and resources of money. Graduates are equipped for roles like Financial Analyst, Credit Risk Manager, Derivatives Trader, etc., within the finance domain.
An MBA in Finance opens doors to various opportunities in the financial industry, making it a valuable choice for those seeking a dynamic and rewarding career.
MBA in Finance Course Details
Pursuing MBA Finance courses is a strategic move for those eyeing diverse industries. Admission to MBA in Finance is contingent upon the candidate's entrance exam performance.
Explore the critical details in the table below:
- Course Name - MBA in Finance or Master of Business Administration in Finance
- MBA in Finance Course Level - Postgraduate
- MBA in Finance Duration - 2 Years
- MBA in Finance Eligibility - Graduation in any relevant field with a 50% aggregate score or equivalent CGPA
- MBA in Finance Admission Process - Entrance Exam
- MBA in Finance Fees - INR 1.4 to 24 LPA
- MBA in Finance Entrance Exams - CAT, MAT, GMAT, CMAT, etc.
- MBA in Finance Colleges - ITM Business School, NMIMS, SPJIMR, IIM Raipur, etc.
- MBA in Finance Jobs - Business Analyst, Financial Analyst, Relationship Manager, Accountant, Investment Banker, Operations Manager, etc.
- MBA in Finance Average Salary - INR 4 to 10 LPA
- MBA in Finance Top Recruiters - HDFC, KPMG, ICICI Bank, EY, Accenture, JP Morgan, etc.
Why Study an MBA in Finance?
Opting for an MBA in Finance comes with several compelling reasons:
- Versatile Expertise: Finance oversees capital management across various sectors, making it applicable to various industries.
- Emphasis on Skill Development: MBA in Finance prioritises planning and strategic skills essential for finance managers. The program focuses on developing valuable competencies, making graduates indispensable assets in any firm. Ideal for individuals with a passion for Finance seeking a skill-centric education.
- High Demand: MBA in Finance is consistently in demand across industries, underscoring its versatility, especially with the growing need for finance specialists.
- Comprehensive Curriculum: The MBA Finance course delves into economics, statistics, strategy, leadership, and market conditions, providing a holistic skill set for financial management roles.
- Job Security: In uncertain markets, businesses in financial distress seek financial managers. An MBA in Finance equips you with the skills and business knowledge essential for aiding firms in expansion and achieving financial stability.
Eligibility & Criteria of MBA In Finance
Eligibility criteria may vary by college, considering academic structure, regulations, and stature. In general, candidates need to fulfil specific requirements for admission. A glance at the general criteria for pursuing an MBA in Finance includes:
- Minimum 50% aggregate or equivalent CGPA in a bachelor's degree from a recognised university.
- Reserved category students require a minimum aggregate of 45%.
- Acceptance of candidates often relies on entrance exam scores like CAT, CMAT, MAT, XAT, SNAP, etc.
MBA in Finance Syllabus
Explore the comprehensive semester-wise syllabus for an MBA in Finance specialisation. Listed below is the syllabus:
First Year Subjects
- Micro Economics
- Principles of Marketing Management
- Tools and Frameworks for Decision Making
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Principles of Accounting
- Quantitative Methods and Statistics
- Business Communication and Soft skills
- Organizational Behaviour-1
- Strategic Management
- Financial Modeling
- Business Intelligence
- Supply Chain Management
- Managerial Economics
- Marketing Research
- Corporate Governance and Business Ethics
- Corporate Finance-2
Second Year Subjects
- Macro Economics
- Business Law
- Corporate Management
- Operations Management
- Optimization and Project Research
- Project Management
- Internship Projects
- Marketing Management
- Project Submissions
- Organization Behaviour-2
MBA Finance Course Fees
The fees for MBA in Finance courses in India vary, typically falling between INR 15 lakhs to INR 25 lakhs. Additional costs depend on the college and student's preferences. For detailed fees, refer to the table below.
MBA Finance Annual Fees
- ITM Business School Navi Mumbai - INR 11.95 LPA
- IIM Lucknow - INR 19.25 LPA
- IIM Bangalore - INR 25 LPA
- IIM Calcutta - INR 23 LPA
Career After MBA in Finance
Graduates with an MBA in Finance have versatile career paths, spanning banking and non-banking sectors. Their expertise in financial management is valued across industries, making them essential in the corporate world. Opportunities extend to both government and private financial sectors. Here is the list of top career options after completing an MBA in Finance:
- Investment Banking
- Corporate Finance
- Financial Advisor
- Financial Analyst
- Corporate Banking
- Management Consultant
- Portfolio Management
- Merchant Banking
- Private Equity Analyst
- Project Manager
- Risk Management
Skills Required for MBA In Finance
Building a successful career in finance requires a blend of valuable skills. Here are some crucial skills to enhance your prospects in the field:
- Strategic thinking & analysis
- Handling high-pressure situations
- Interpersonal skills
- Time management
- Positive attitude
- Technical skills
- Computer skills
These skills, coupled with your MBA in Finance, pave the way for a successful and rewarding career in the financial domain.
Top Recruiters of MBA in Finance
Securing an MBA in Finance opens doors to a variety of opportunities, and some of the top recruiters in this field include:
- Goldman Sachs
- Morgan Stanley
- Boston Consulting Group
- National Bank of India
- Bain & Company
These renowned organisations actively seek MBA in Finance graduates, offering promising career paths in finance.
Salary Of MBA in Finance
Earning potential after completing an MBA in Finance can vary based on roles. Here's a glimpse of average salaries as per different roles:
- Bank Manager: INR 6 to 7LPA
- Financial Analyst: INR 3.14 LPA
- Chief Financial Officer (CFO): INR 10 to 11 LPA
- Business Analyst: INR 3 to 4 LPA
- Finance Manager: INR 5 to 6 LPA
- Relationship Manager: INR 4.26 LPA
- Accounting Manager: INR 3 to 4 LPA
- Operations Manager: INR 3 to 4 LPA
- Management Consultant: INR 6 to 7 LPA
Get Ahead in Your Finance Journey With ITM
With a robust curriculum and emphasis on skill development, our program equips you for finance roles. Whether you aspire to be a Financial Analyst or Relationship Manager or pursue a leadership role, ITM Business School connects you with opportunities in the finance sector.
Your journey involves mastering skills crucial for success, from strategic thinking to effective time management. The program ensures adaptability in high-pressure situations, preparing you for the dynamic world of finance. As you explore career possibilities, remember that ITM Business School aligns with top recruiters, enhancing your employability in the competitive finance landscape.
ITM Business School - where your finance career takes off!
- Is MBA Finance a good career?
Yes, an MBA in Finance is a rewarding career choice with abundant job opportunities across diverse industries such as advertising, public relations, IT, education, and real estate.
- What is an MBA Finance salary?
The salary for MBA Finance freshers in Mumbai typically ranges from ₹1.0 Lakhs to ₹5.0 Lakhs.
- Is there a lot of Math's in MBA finance?
Yes, while there might be a need for some math's skills in entrance exams, the MBA Finance program primarily requires knowledge of statistics and basic math, which is sufficient.
- Can Science students study MBA Finance?
Yes, students from all backgrounds, including Science, can pursue an MBA in Finance, although it is commonly preferred by B.Com graduates.
- What is the scope of an MBA in Finance?
The scope of an MBA in Finance includes opportunities in asset management, financial advisory, retail banking, planning, taxation, accounting, equity analysis, risk management, business analysis, sales, trading, personal finance, and insurance.