20 September 2018 - 16:48,
by ITM Group of Institutions
, ITM Institute
, Comments off
- Aiming to provide an extensive knowledge to students of ITM University, a two-day workshop on ‘E-commerce’ was held during 31st August 2018 and 1st September 2018.
- The students learned how to create an E-commerce Website using WordPress.
- They also came to know what are the difficulties faced by various E-commerce giants and what all are they doing to overcome them.
Instead of creating a website on WordPress.com, the instructors taught the students how to create the same website on a local server using Xampp software.
- The instructors showed an example of how an E-commerce website should look like and motivated the students to think in the same direction.
- They also taught us the importance of learning to create an E-commerce website for marketing students.
- The students were also given knowledge about IMDS – which helps in supporting new Business plans.
Methodology Used By Speaker:
- The instructors started the workshop by introducing themselves, their company and giving an insight about the top 20 E-commerce websites in the world.
- They ensured that each student understood every concept clearly and practically helped each student to overcome their doubts.
They frequently asked questions to ensure that the students were on the same page.
- They also made the students to do an activity wherein the students had to package a product they deemed fit; this was done to make them understand why all the E-Commerce giants invest heavily in packaging.
- The students gained the basic knowledge of WordPress, XAMPP Server, Woo-Commerce and Slider plugin.
- We also came to know how to download and install free themes for our E-commerce website.
The Students extensively gained knowledge about the certifications approved by Government of India (Skill India).
The students also gained knowledge about most frequently used terminologies used in the IT sector.
“The workshop gave me an insight to develop website in a more structured way, as I already had an idea how to design a website using a different software. Parallely I learned that there are open source plugins that we can use to extend our services and make our website look attractive. I also learned the importance of marketing the website on the digital platform, since my long-term goal necessitates me to go deep into the field of digital marketing and E-commerce.”
Dwij Kumar (PGDM-1411) SRK Batch
“The workshop helped me to explore a new vertical that is website development for E-commerce through WordPress. It was like teaching an infant how to walk but as the workshop went on, my hesitation decreased and I got confident that yes, I can make a website. The instructors were very kind and patient in resolving all the problems that we faced, even that was worth learning. They also informed us about how a website will help if in future we are willing to become an entrepreneur.”
Amitosh Sinha (PGDM-1636) PK Batch